The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

The clinical finishing was really the major difference. United were pretty poor at most other things. It really shows the difference finishers and a goalkeeper worth his salt can make.

Cause to be honest, other than that United really weren't a class above Liverpool.

Hit the nail on the head. Moreno and Lovren were shocking today though.

Can't complain.

Eight behind Chelsea and five behind City. Six wins in a row. Only conceded three more than City and four more than Chelsea, even with the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had. This despite everybody claiming we've been shit and terrible defensively (this year the excuse is that the league is poor and everybody else has been shit). Should be fun when we actually start playing well then.

Lovren's clearance was awful but I don't think Toure galloping forward really helped with the third goal. I also think if Lucas was on the pitch Mata isn't getting at that.

Much like Liverpool last season United are where they are by being just a shade less shit than everyone below them.

Can't complain.

Eight behind Chelsea and five behind City. Six wins in a row. Only conceded three more than City and four more than Chelsea, even with the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had. This despite everybody claiming we've been shit and terrible defensively (this year the excuse is that the league is poor and everybody else has been shit). Should be fun when we actually start playing well then.

Who the hell is saying that as an "excuse" for United being that high? I'd more point out to having a world class keeper in top form bailing out a very shaky defence. McNair getting whipped off after half an hour last week would be a testament to that.

That combined with a handful of world class attackers too. That's doing that trick and it's not an excuse, it's a reason. No need to play the victim with injuries and everybody thinks we're shit card.

That being said performance against Southampton was one of the worst away winning performance I've seen in a long time.

So what you are saying is Man U are better and playing better than every team below them?

In that they're the best of a bad lot right now.

Can't complain.

Who the hell is saying that as an "excuse" for United being that high? I'd more point out to having a world class keeper in top form bailing out a very shaky defence. McNair getting whipped off after half an hour last week would be a testament to that.

That combined with a handful of world class attackers too. That's doing that trick and it's not an excuse, it's a reason. No need to play the victim with injuries and everybody thinks we're shit card.

That being said performance against Southampton was one of the worst away winning performance I've seen in a long time.

De Gea is paid to make world class saves.

Our defence is awful, but it hasn't been helped by the fact that injuries have forced changes to be made every single week.

When teams play badly and win, it's a good thing. Sometimes, you play well and lose.

I don't think we played badly at all today, but yes, 3-0 flattered us. Can't really put United down for poor finishing on Liverpool's part, and our Goalkeeper doing his job, though.

However it's happened, we've won 6 in a row now, sitting in 3rd, 10pts clear of Liverpool. I'm certainly not going to complain about that.

Like Johnny said, when we do get players back, and do start playing well, who knows. The title isn't going to happen this season, but we've come much further than the laughing stock we were at Leicester earlier in the season.

• Like 1