The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Rogers says the most important thing is that Liverpool looked like scoring. Sorry Brendan, I thought it was more important to score goals?

Don't be too hard on Brendan. At least he's trying to make it look as though Liverpool are looking like scoring.

I loved before the game when Geoff Shreeves asked LVG what his gameplan was going to be, and he looked incredulous at the fact he wanted him to just reveal his entire tactics before the game. He gave a simple "you'll see on the pitch" response. Then Shreeves asks Rodgers the exact same question and Brendan couldn't give his answer more willingly, talking about how they were going to play at a high tempo and how he'd brought in "technicians" and the effect they'd have. It was as if he couldn't wait to get a platform to tell everybody how great his tactics are and "educate" the public.

Then after the game, Van Gaal says how United still have to improve even after winning 3-0. Rodgers, however, says his team played well and praises the attitude of his team despite losing 3-0. There's an absolute mile between the two in terms of mentality and I bet there are more than a couple players in the Liverpool changing room thinking the same.

• Like 3

Was Lambert injured by the way? Seems a bit perplexing to leave him on the bench if not especially as someone with his power and strength could have caused Uniteds defense some problems.

He has played approximately a million minutes in the last couple of weeks and looks knackered.