The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

He makes one mistake and he's done?

Nope. He was looking likely to be away in January because he simply isn't good enough, our keeper pecking order is Krul and Elliot with Darlow to come in next season. Alnwick is only playing because we've got no one else, and he's been culpable for goals in every game he's played including the Chelsea one.

I'm all for giving yoof a chance, but all reports say he's not up to it.

That's odd because, after the Chelsea game, he was being hailed as man of the match by Newcastle fans and Newcastle-based pundits.

Which ones? He made about two saves, conceded one and looked nervous coming off his line. He wasn't terrible but was nowhere near MOTM in a game where Janmaat, Colo, Colback, Sissoko and Cisse were all in with a shout.

Talking of Newcastle, are their fans still holding up the 'Sack Pardew' signs?

The #PardewOut account are still saying they want him gone :lol: Too stubborn to admit they were wrong.

Worse than that, they're claiming its their pressure that's caused our improvement in form. Divs.

• Like 3

Mario Balotelli has received a one match ban for his ill advised anti-racism Instagram post.

Wait, what? I've missed this. Why is he being fined for an anti-racism post? >_>

The intent was anti-racism but Mario isn't very clever and shared a Lad Bible meme with some racial stereotypes. Still think it was an oversight rather than malicious, because obviously, but I wonder how the FA's investigation into Malky Mackay and Dave Whelan is getting on.

I find it odd that the charge related to anti semitic remarks and made no mention that it also mocked black and Italian stereotypes.

It's almost like they realised they'd look like dickheads for charging a black Italian footballer with Jewish family history for racism against blacks and Italians but figured they could get away with the anti semitic bit because hardly anyone knows Mario's mom is Jewish.

I also though the minimum ban for racism was five games.

It's like suspending Lineker for posting images that make fun of Koalas!