The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Turning into a great weekend for United. Still think 4th is the aim, and we'll know a lot more after the City, Chelsea and Everton games. Until then, I'm not counting any amount of chickens.

4th is the aim? Even now? Wow.
Yes, in that it'll mean Champions League. If we ended up 4th, I'd be happy. We've been playing well lately, but have a tough run of games coming up (as mentioned above), plus Arsenal and some tricky away games to play, including Palace.

If we somehow managed to get 7pts from City, Chelsea and Everton, then the aim would be higher, but there's still plenty of room for this season to turn a bit shit.

Ugh, why are City so goddamn shit at the moment? It's almost like we realised we couldn't catch Chelsea, so rather than fight harder to secure the 2nd place the team can't seemingly be arsed to try and secure anything.

At this rate I may have to take a break from this thread for a few weeks, because the mocking is only going to get worse (rightfully, if this keeps up)

City fans throwing coins...

It's a whip round so they can compete with the big boys in the transfer market.

Fucking Ellis

• Like 3

"Demichelis' head is leaning over the line slightly"

I've never heard a bigger defense for an offside call before.

It's saying that the offside line they've painted on the screen, by Demichelis' foot, isn't actually the offside line (if such lines were in any way solid and tangible). That's all.

Isn't the line of offside defined by the position of the body, rather than the extremities of the limbs?

"Demichelis' head is leaning over the line slightly"

I've never heard a bigger defense for an offside call before.

It's saying that the offside line they've painted on the screen, by Demichelis' foot, isn't actually the offside line (if such lines were in any way solid and tangible). That's all.

Isn't the line of offside defined by the position of the body, rather than the extremities of the limbs?

God knows. I hear a lot of talk about areas of the body with which the ball can be played (so in this case the head, but arms don't count), but the only sources I have for this are the usual pundits.

City denied a stone-waller there. Definite handball.

For obvious reasons, my sympathy is nil.