The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Rockabilly. Which for some reason is my phones autocorrect of tickaboo. Silly Courtois though.

:facepalm:

I give up.

He was standing on the edge of his area with the opposition in possession on the halfway line. You can't possibly say that's not a goalkeeping error. :/

• Like 2

Pellegrini has the gall in his latest press conference to blame City's faltering performances on not being allowed to spend enough money. You may recall that the reason that they were restricted to a 'mere' £50m FFP net spend this season was because they had already spent too much money.

I invite you all (and especially fans of all non-loaded clubs) to read the following quote from a Manchester City manager and laugh:

‘I think that next season we don’t have any restrictions so we will be in the same position that all the other English clubs have,’ said Pellegrini.

‘It’s important. You have so many strong teams here in England and in Champions League, you can not allow them to keep the advantage every year; having less players to put in your squad or spending less money. We spend money, of course we always spend money, but they spent more.’

bml.gif

• Like 2

Rockabilly. Which for some reason is my phones autocorrect of tickaboo. Silly Courtois though.

I give up.

He was standing on the edge of his area with the opposition in possession on the halfway line. You can't possibly say that's not a goalkeeping error. :/

With Chelsea playing a high line, that's where he should be standing. He's got a great starting position for any ball over the top of the back four or into the channel.

It's a great goal. I don't blame Courtois, I feel sorry for him.

I give up.

With Chelsea playing a high line, that's where he should be standing. He's got a great starting position for any ball over the top of the back four or into the channel.

It's a great goal. I don't blame Courtois, I feel sorry for him.

Wasn't much of a great starting position for THAT ball over the top, was it?

• Like 1

Goalkeepers shouldn't save everything, and it's obviously a great strike, but there's no one to blame for it going in but Courtois. In what possible way is that a good starting position? Adam is on the halfway line, he's got someone overlapping on his left, and there's a Stoke forward about thirty five yards from goal with two men marking him. If Adam plays a long ball to him instead of shooting what is Courtois' position going to get him? He's outside his box so if the ball is long he's got a tricky backwards walk looking over his shoulder to make sure he's inside when he catches it. If the ball is shorter is he going to sprint out and challenge for the header? Chelsea's defence were well organised, but Courtois should be at least five yards into his area so he's actually got some options to cope with whatever Adam does next, whether cross or shot.

It's not even as if he can say he's pushed out to organise things and possessions changed quickly and Adam's had a snap shot, Stoke carried the ball from their own corner.

• Like 2