The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Have to aim for 2nd now. Let's beat City this weekend to put some space between them and us (and let them squabble over 4th) whilst we battle it out for 2nd with Arsenal. Would be strange if we did finish there as we've been poor for the majority of the season.

• Like 1

"Demichelis' head is leaning over the line slightly"

I've never heard a bigger defense for an offside call before.

It's saying that the offside line they've painted on the screen, by Demichelis' foot, isn't actually the offside line (if such lines were in any way solid and tangible). That's all.

Isn't the line of offside defined by the position of the body, rather than the extremities of the limbs?

God knows. I hear a lot of talk about areas of the body with which the ball can be played (so in this case the head, but arms don't count), but the only sources I have for this are the usual pundits.

It is indeed the furthest forward part of the body that you can legally play the ball with, so basically not your arms. That's why the line was utterly pointless since a good chunk of Demichelis was behind the 'offside' line.

Now that Real are interested in Sterling, maybe the rumours of Bale joining United will die down and indicate that he's on his way to Anfield instead.

How early is too early to start a Summer transfers thread? Lineker would know. Not sure how many deals are already in place.

Now that Real are interested in Sterling, maybe the rumours of Bale joining United will die down and indicate that he's on his way to Anfield instead.

How early is too early to start a Summer transfers thread? Lineker would know. Not sure how many deals are already in place.

There's not a chance Bale goes to Liverpool, he's likely on about €300k a week at Madrid. If he's going anywhere it's Chelsea, United or City.