The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

• Admin
The League Managers' Association's statement concerning Malky Mackay's 'friendly text banter' has been criticised by some people.
Ex-Reading striker and anti-racism campaigner Jason Roberts wrote on Twitter: "LMA actually wrote this. They are actually being serious! Somebody drafted that... WOW!"
Former Football League player and manager Leroy Rosenior, a leading voice for Show Racism the Red Card and a trustee of anti-discrimination body Kick it Out, added: "If the LMA are going back into the dark ages to support people then I might have to withdraw my support."

Who was the last person the LMA dubiusly represented (other than Pards)? I'm sure they've done similar before, and while I understand that their role is to represent its members that can't be unconditional, especially where it clearly goes against the interests of other members and most non-cunt people.

• Admin
Legendary commentator Barry Davies is making a one-off return to BBC's Match of the Day on Saturday. Davies will commentate on Crystal Palace v West Ham as the programme marks its half-century on screen. He began working in television for ITV before the 1966 World Cup and joined the BBC three years later. "He is one of the programme's most iconic voices," said Philip Bernie, BBC Head of TV Sport. Davies, 76, will join the team of Guy Mowbray, Jonathan Pearce, Steve Wilson, John Motson and Alistair Mann for Saturday's games (BBC One, 22.30 BST).

10616631_624426990988023_292638654512313

Damn it, Lineker!

Legendary commentator Barry Davies is making a one-off return to BBC's Match of the Day on Saturday. Davies will commentate on Crystal Palace v West Ham as the programme marks its half-century on screen. He began working in television for ITV before the 1966 World Cup and joined the BBC three years later. "He is one of the programme's most iconic voices," said Philip Bernie, BBC Head of TV Sport. Davies, 76, will join the team of Guy Mowbray, Jonathan Pearce, Steve Wilson, John Motson and Alistair Mann for Saturday's games (BBC One, 22.30 BST).

It's all kicking right off. I agree entirely that Mackay should be done now (Hoddle back in coaching suggests potentially not though. 'E's a good lad too), and the LMA are idiots, but I can't help but think Cardiff should stay out of it at this stage. Tan trying to get brownie points?