The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Top of the league!

Definitely a pen, @Whisper, despite the fact he was already going down. Stupid from Rojo. Relieved to grab the late winner though.

What I will say, is this is why I dislike our possession game at times. Granted, it wasn't much of a pass, pass, pass performance today, but we can easily keep the ball at 0-0 and bore everyone to tears, yet we can't keep it for shit when we're a goal ahead and trying to defend a lead. So panicky.

Can't argue with the result. Shouldn't have taken a Watford goal to wake us up mind, because it was coming all half. De Gea saved us once again. 

Eh, admittedly looks more of a pen on the replays than it did in real time. I'm not convinced that's getting consistently given as a penalty though.

Good result anyway, especially with the players we were missing and Herrera going off injured. Deserved win I thought. We'd have been out of sight if Lingard could finish.

#MCFC starting XI v #LFC: Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernando, Navas, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Clichy, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Delph, Iheanacho:

#LFC team v #MCFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino.

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Allen, Ibe, Sturridge, Benteke.

Aguero starts. Benteke and Sturridge are on the bench for Liverpool.