The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

12 hours ago, Rich said:

So I ask again, which gods a Leicester fans praying to? I want in on this action 

12 hours ago, David Marrio said:

They've clearly been sacrificing children to the devil in exchange for the Prem. 

We have just one god.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/28078059/11262691-large.jpg

And he is bloody lovely too :wub:

• Like 1

Listening to a United podcast and they were talking about how sweet it'd be for Ranieri to win the Premier League at Stamford Bridge.

I hope for the sanity of the Leicester fans on this board, that it doesn't take them that long to wrap it up. :P

1 minute ago, Noah said:

Listening to a United podcast and they were talking about how sweet it'd be for Ranieri to win the Premier League at Stamford Bridge.

Hell, we'd love it. We'd probably join in the celebrations.

But again, it would be better if they wrapped it up earlier. :shifty: 

• Like 3

Nah, there would be five English representatives. EL winners spot doesn't effect league qualification spots.

However, if English sides won both the CL and the EL and both winners finished outside the top 4 (ie. Chelsea and Liverpool), then 4th would only get Europa.

The idea of Leicester not only getting Champions League football, but also being top seeds because they're champions is possibly even more tremendous than that of the league win itself.

• Like 3

I'm going to assume Man City beat Villa on Saturday, but by the time Leicester kick off at Watford they could well be looking at a win increasing their lead to 5/6 points. Incredible stuff, but would it affect the mindset of the players going out there? There's no way they wouldn't know the Spurs/Arsenal result being that it will finish several hours before they kick off.

I think its safe to assume that nothing is safe to assume at this point. Throughout the season everyone's gone "ok but Leicester must be feeling the pressure now." "Ok surely they've gotta start to drop off now" etc etc and they haven't really shown any sign of that.

I'd hope that their draw last week and pure dumb luck of results would be a wake up call that they need to keep going. Not that they've played badly at all, but there's obviously a danger of complacency. You never can tell, of course, but it's not like most of the team haven't been in a very similar situation.

Just two seasons ago we were top of the Championship as run away leaders (amusingly, we had more losses then too), and though we did fumble a little, we still managed to take the league with nine points.

I'm far from convinced we'll do it until it's done, but they've got history on their side.

• Like 2