The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

17 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Didn't Walcott get called up before he'd even played for Arsenal? I trust Roy slightly more than the increasingly mental Eriksson but if he has a good end to the season nothing would surprise me any more.

Walcott was a mix of intrigue about his physical talents rather than ability and Sven chucking shit at the wall because he was out of a job after the World Cup anyway. I mean he did bring a crocked Owen and Rooney, Crouch and Walcott who had barely hit puberty. Rashford is still very much closer to Macheda/Mellor than Rooney/Owen until proven otherwise. There's so many of these flash in the pan strikers that come in and disappear that they can't be taken seriously until there's a body of work. Frankly even talking about him being near the England squad because Man United, when he hasn't cracked the 21s yet is silly.

I say was like it 'was' past tense with Walcott but that still accurately describes him today. He'll be 47 and and SSN/MOTD will be heatedly debating his potential as a striker and frothing over his pace while he inexplicably earns £140k a week while being utter wank.

• Like 4

There were still better options out there in 2006 than bringing along a kid who'd not played that many professional matches to sit on the bench and give him tournament experience for the future though. If Rashford has a good couple of months and scores a few while helping United sneak into the Champions League via snatching a top four spot/Europa League then I don't think it's that absurd that he might get in to the squad.

You have to win otherwise Leicester will gain a further lead. 

Does that help settle your nerves?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I'm so nervous; even this sausage and bacon sarnie isn't settling my nerves. 

Like I asked Baddar during the Man U game: why?
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Fun fact, when Woolwich Arsenal were founded, Woolwich was then technically part of Kent. Arsenal are a Kent club.

You and I have a very different opinion of fun.

• Like 8