The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

After weirdly skirting around the topic in their carefully worded statement, Durham Police have now stated that they told Sunderland about Johnson's meetings with the young girl. This is getting horribler and horribler.

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

Well it won't be the Sky Bet FL thread next year myke, aren't they dropping the sponsorship? 

Also Gazz I want to see that essay, pronto.

That's just the Premier League. Sky Bet are sticking around until 2019. At least they were the last time I heard about a deal.

5 hours ago, metalman said:

I like Steve McLaren he seems friendly

Me too, he seems a lovely bloke.

This is a weird season, where since we've actually performed fairly well at home (even if the results haven't borne out of that) and I tend not to see away games I can't grasp quite how terrible we are. I still think we've got enough to get out of it, but a loss on Saturday really puts his position into question.

The issue for me all seems to fall on Lee Charnley who is clearly completely out of his depth. Ashley has thrown money at the club this season, but for some reason we've gone from spending small to try to get gems to spending big to try to get gems, and the hit rate hasn't improved with the tripling of fees, we're still getting four misses for every Mbemba. The team is still horrible, Janmaat stands out as decent but even he's the best of a bad bunch, some of his defending has been horrendous. We still don't have a left back. Our January reinforcements are players who couldn't get in other Premier League sides. McClaren isn't getting the best out of them, but the team has got weaker and weaker in recent years while the rest of the league has got stronger.

• Like 1

_88551091_opta.jpg

That left side though. If you play Newcastle, you might as well not play with a right back.

It means we're shite.

5 minutes ago, Gazz said:

_88551091_opta.jpg

That left side though. If you play Newcastle, you might as well not play with a right back.

The interesting thing being that that's with Gouffran on where at least he's on the left, albeit in a full back position. If it was Wijnaldum there might as well not be a dot.

I like the ones where all the midfielder dots are bunched together in the middle, making it look like a ridiculously narrow formation when actually the wingers just swap sides all the time.

I really really really hope Rashford doesn't get picked for the Euros. Not only do we have enough strikers who are easily better than he is right now for the squad, it also wouldn't benefit him in the slightest I think, like it probably didn't really help Walcott to go in 2006.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

From Wikipedia, but apparently he's had 2 U18 caps. You've definitely had your eye on him Roy.

Saville, Johnson... Hodgson? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I really really really hope Rashford doesn't get picked for the Euros. Not only do we have enough strikers who are easily better than he is right now for the squad, it also wouldn't benefit him in the slightest I think, like it probably didn't really help Walcott to go in 2006.

Wait, do people really think he actually might go?

I mean he's had a great start, but he's only played 3 league games. He's not even remotely in contention surely? He's looked good but not in an instant superstar sort of way, the way Rooney and Owen did back in the day. 

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Wait, do people really think he actually might go?

I mean he's had a great start, but he's only played 3 league games. He's not even remotely in contention surely? He's looked good but not in an instant superstar sort of way, the way Rooney and Owen did back in the day. 

Didn't Walcott get called up before he'd even played for Arsenal? I trust Roy slightly more than the increasingly mental Eriksson but if he has a good end to the season nothing would surprise me any more.