The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

On the subject of Newcastle, my Dutch lecturer announced Georginio Wijnaldum as a guest speaker in class in two weeks time :lol:

What Wijnaldum can tell us about Media Law & Ethics I don't know, but there are some excited Geordies on the course now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lineker said:

um so Kieran Trippier is looking at our house right now wtf I need to stay calm but how is this possible.

He's finally getting a big money move to Spartak Radlett.

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

Which player in Newcastle's team scored 4 goals in two games?

Gini did it in one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

On the subject of Newcastle, my Dutch lecturer announced Georginio Wijnaldum as a guest speaker in class in two weeks time :lol:

What Wijnaldum can tell us about Media Law & Ethics I don't know, but there are some excited Geordies on the course now.

I'm am also available for guest lectures on law and ethics. I'll do it for two reasonably priced bottles of wine and some crackers. :)

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, metalman said:

I'm am also available for guest lectures on law and ethics. I'll do it for two reasonably priced bottles of wine and some crackers. :)

Cracking offer but my lecturer is much more into recreational marijuana than either of those things I'm afraid.

Surely if we lose at home to Bournmouth on Saturday then McClaren is getting the bullet?

There's still 10 games to go after that and literally any sort of change would be an improvement, the man seems lost and I'm getting very worried. :(

He's not getting sacked. Sacking him after the dog and pony show that Charnley went through in the summer to appoint him would be an admission of failure on behalf of the upper management. That doesn't happen. There is no punishment for failure at Newcastle. Underperforming players don't get dropped. Past it players like Colo get new contracts. Poor managers, coaches and scouts don't get sacked. Poorly performing administration and executives don't get sacked.

The only person that has ever been sacked in the Ashley era is Chris Hughton, the one manager we had that actually achieved something.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Comparing this season to last, would you sack McClaren if you stay up or would you want him next year? He's brought in some good players but for some reason(s) things haven't seem to work out.

I'd sack him now. He should of being sacked after Chelsea when a new manager could have had a fortnight in Spain to assess the playing staff and come up with some new ideas. Whatever he is trying to achieve isn't happening, either because he can't communicate it to the players, the players don't want to listen or they don't believe in what he's trying to coach.

We're 28 games and £70m into the season and I still have no idea what Newcastle's system or footballing philosophy is. Having watched the majority of games this season, all I could tell you is it involved playing an ineffective 4-2-3-1 most of the time with two sitting defensive midfielders and Janmaat plays on the overlap down the right. I could write a 2000 word essay on Leicester's tactics. I know their formation, their defensive shape, their transistional shape, their philosophy, the role of each player in their system and what each unit of their team does in certain situations. 

• Like 3

The shape is heavily slanted to the right too which is a major issue. Janmaat bombs forward whenever possible and Dummett gets a nosebleed if he goes past the half way line.

It's just not working whatever the hell it is and he should've been out, as Gazz said, after Chelsea.