The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

An unbelievable night of Premier League football. This season twists and turns week after week, it's insane.

We are now in March, with 10 games to go, and the following things are all true:

Leicester City are top of the league, and increasingly looking like favourites. Tottenham Hotspur are their closest challengers.

Man City are a whopping 10 points adrift of top spot, level on points with the team in 5th. That team is Man Utd, despite Louis van Gaal leading them through what most believe is an awful season.

West Ham are a point off a Champions League place. Stoke are only 5 points adrift, and can realistically be considered contenders.

Liverpool, despite a transition period and seemingly no hope of a top four place, will be just 3 points adrift of fourth if they win their game in hand, which is against Everton who they almost always beat.

Chelsea are 10th, 8 points off the top four and that is actually considered quite impressive at this point since they were in the bottom six for the first half of the season.

This is the craziest of seasons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

The fact that England could be sending Leicester, Spurs and West Ham to the Champions League is wonderful.

It makes me think that one day Orient vs Hartlepool will happen in the CL final :({):

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

The fact that England could be sending Leicester, Spurs and West Ham to the Champions League is wonderful.

"We shouldn't be sending these shit teams into the Champions League. Our co-efficient is shit already, we're going to lose our 4th spot if they all qualify."
"Yeah, they'll probably get knocked out in the group stage or....oh."

At least our coeffiecient will be somewhat maintained by Arsenal getting spanking in the first knockout phase as per usual.

• Like 1

That first goal Arsenal conceded was pathetic. Defence looked like they could not a give a fuck trying to track back. Routledge just walked through the middle. 

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

I just want to see us play really well, smash a few goals in and generally look like they're actually trying to win.

I do as much as anyone, but sometimes the atmosphere becomes absolutely poisonous at the Emirates and doesn't help anyone. 

I need a hug.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

They'll get over it when Welbeck scores the inevitable winner.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Stoke lead now, and if Watford nick a goal at Man Utd I will literally have every single outcome I want from tonight.

I should've put a hopeful bet on.

You're no @David Marrio

10 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

I do as much as anyone, but sometimes the atmosphere becomes absolutely poisonous at the Emirates and doesn't help anyone. 

I need a hug.

:({):

• Like 2

The results last night were crazy. And yes, it is a crazy season.

I mean, United have had what's been considered a bad campaign, yet we're level with City (albeit with 1 more played) and they were very real title contenders a few weeks back. There's no way we can win the title, as we'll be relying too much on lots of other teams consistently dropping points, and us actually showing consistent form. But 10 behind Leicester now - they have a tough game Saturday, and we still need to play them at home, so even that gap COULD be significantly cut in the weeks to come.

Pretty much done predicting what's going to happen now though. I'd still say top 4 and a CL place would be a good achievement for us this season all things considered. It needs to be the aim I think.

Just read LVG's reaction to the Watford game. I'm always a bit wary about it in case he spouts some bullshit saying we dominated a game we clearly didn't, but he actually came across well. I stand by my opinion that they deserved something from it, but then you always get games in a season where you lose points despite missing big chances. I'm looking at you, Fellaini and Lingard.