The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Cracking little game this. 

I see the game plan has changed into kick the shit out of Carroll now. Although tbf he has flung arms in people's faces a lot this match. 

4 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

So if Villa fail to match or beat Norwich's points gains today, they're down right?

Yes. But lets be honest they were relegated months ago.

Went out for a cavery instead of watching the West Ham/Arselol game. I had gammon, so I didn't miss too much Ham.

• Like 2

They need to win, a draw gives them 16 with 5 to play and Norwich already had 31 before kickoff and 19 better goal difference.

Janmaat falls over dealing with a nothing ball, Southampton run clear and score. Janmaat subbed off due to embarassment. Our back line is now Sissoko-Mbemba-Taylor-Anita.

But it was midfielders we needed in January. :(Y):

• Like 3

Villa are well and truly shit. Such a mess of a club in terms of on the pitch and off the pitch.

Can see them struggling in the Championship next season. 

It's probably not a coincidence that the two worst run clubs in the league with absent, uninterested, clueless owners have the combined points of Bournemouth at this stage.

• Like 2

Curious question. Could this season produce possibly the worst finish for the defending champions of the Prem?

I know there's still plenty of games left but what is the lowest position the previous seasons winner has finished? 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

Curious question. Could this season produce possibly the worst finish for the defending champions of the Prem?

I know there's still plenty of games left but what is the lowest position the previous seasons winner has finished? 

I'd have thought definitely. 

Worst finish is 7th by Blackburn.

Although Leeds finished 17th in 92/93 in the first year of the Premier League after winning the final season of Div 1 football. So, depends whether you count them as defending champions?

• Like 1