The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

3 minutes ago, peteypirahna said:

Man United will beat Spurs, it's one of those games where you can almost guarantee it.

It'll all be for nothing because Man United will then go on to draw/lose against Villa at home.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The main Manchester United podcasts I listen to now also seem to laugh at the thought of Villa even being close to getting anything out of that even with us being horribly inconsistent at times.

For some context, I think only one co-host of the 3 United podcasts I listen to predicts anything other than a Spurs win.

It's the sort of thing that tends to happen though, wildly inconsistent Manchester United team face newly relegated Villa who on paper have absolutely nothing to play for and boom, they steal points out of nowhere.

And lets face it, Leicester and Spurs are fighting for the league title, Liverpool and Chelsea are underperforming by a hideous amount and West Ham are top 4 contenders, it's really not out of the realm of possibility for Villa to start winning when the goose is cooked.

You don't need to listen to a podcast to know Villa are shit and won't get anything out of that game. They'll lose every remaining game this season. 

Can't wait for Skrtel to get bullied today!!! Changes galore for the game today.  Sturridge, Stewart, Allen, Ojo, Skrtel, Firmino and Toure come in to the team for Henderson, Origi, Coutinho, Can, Lallana, Sakho and Lovren. 

I like the team we have but I really can see Skrtel and Toure having problems today. Looking forward to Ojo starting and I'm made up for Stewart getting a game. 

Edit: No offence to Villa fans but this is one of the worst seasons from a team I can remember since Derby County. 

• Like 2

See, that on paper makes a lot of sense. But the thing is, Villa haven't been playing for anything for months. The players have known for a while that survival is just not going to happen, and a fair few players are simply going through the motions. If Villa can't fight when there's something to fight about, they won't fight when there's nothing to fight about. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

You don't need to listen to a podcast to know Villa are shit and won't get anything out of that game. They'll lose every remaining game this season. 

Can't wait for Skrtel to get bullied today!!! Changes galore for the game today.  Sturridge, Stewart, Allen, Ojo, Skrtel, Firmino and Toure come in to the team for Henderson, Origi, Coutinho, Can, Lallana, Sakho and Lovren. 

I like the team we have but I really can see Skrtel and Toure having problems today. Looking forward to Ojo starting and I'm made up for Stewart getting a game. 

Edit: No offence to Villa fans but this is one of the worst seasons from a team I can remember since Derby County. 

I hope Kolo can keep Skrtel in check and that's why they're being paired together. Kolo may be getting on but he's is great.

Also I hope Ojo and Stewart have great games.

58 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

No doubts can be had, this has to be the worst top flight season since Derby, and in the top 3 in the Premier League era (adding Mick McCarthy's Sunderland team in there). No team should be getting sub 20 points in a season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TLHobo said:

I hope Kolo can keep Skrtel in check and that's why they're being paired together. Kolo may be getting on but he's is great.

Also I hope Ojo and Stewart have great games.

Ojo looked a bit quiet at the start but started to get into the game as the first half went on. Great assist for the 2nd goal. 

Stewart started off shakey but again has grew into the game. Been solid. Nothing spectacular but he's getting on with his job.  

Our set piece marking and defending is still and forever will be woeful. 

We've been average. Need to get another goal and try to kill the game off. 

It's also suddenly gone cold at Anfield ...I regret wearing just a t-shirt :(