The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

2 hours ago, David Marrio said:

There's people like Doumbia who I think have been outstanding yet will get unnoticed compared to Kante and Alli. 

I'm sure you've got your players mixed up there because there's no way you're talking about Newcastle's Seydou '89th minute sub' Doumbia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Social Justice Nerf said:

"Wasn't" is past tense mate.

His point 2 covers the response neatly, de Laet is average at best.

Though being a Liverpool supporter I can see how you confuse "Average" with being good

(H)

I Kid

24 minutes ago, Chad Gazzable said:

I'm sure you've got your players mixed up there because there's no way you're talking about Newcastle's Seydou '89th minute sub' Doumbia.

And in those combined 9 minutes of league action he was superb. 

4 minutes ago, Noah said:

I love how articulate this person defending Van Gaal on this facebook group I'm a member of is.

I work in export, and that is probably the most coherent thing I'll read all day.

I'm like 90% sure the person does not use English as a first language, something about the sentence structure.

4 hours ago, Social Justice Nerf said:

"Wasn't" is past tense mate.

Past continuous tense, to be precise. This often implies an action (starting ahead of him) ) that started in the past and was interrupted. It suggests he might have begun to start ahead of him.

Might have been easier to use the simple past tense. "Did not start ahead of him."

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

Players who get picked for teams of the season or even get international call ups is because they play for Man Utd. APPARENTLY.

Oh okay, well I still say Leicester's First XI because Drinky is ex-Man U and Kasper is the son of a Man U legend :shifty:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh okay, well I still say Leicester's First XI because Drinky is ex-Man U and Kasper is the son of a Man U legend :shifty:

I see Giggsy gets about a bit

• Like 5