The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

28 minutes ago, TLHobo said:

4-1 win!

It's a bit silly that Origi has a chant but Sturridge doesn't for some reason.

Weirdest 4-1 win I've been to. Thought we weren't exactly great yet we got the job done. 

Thought Allen had a great game and deserved the applause he got. Stewart played well.  Origi is going to be some player. 

Sturridge does have a chant.  It's just his name <_<

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

This presumably means that Leicester will have mathematically sealed Champions League football for next season.

Playoff round at the least, yes. United are 19 points behind in 5th with 18 points left to play for.

I have to say that another season of LVG may be worth just for the comedy value he provides. 

I really have no idea how we're in 5th place, really is testament to a poor league this year that Louis Van Gaal's red army are still in contention for a European place.

Edited by Sam

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

We'll be lucky to get a Europa League spot. Who knows, we may even lock horns with the mighty Ross County next season!

Careful, they are a bit tasty. Look out for Sporting Club Arseholebackwardstan.

• Like 1

Nah, they've dropped off completely since their despotic oil tycoon chairman stopped their funding.

• Admin

Tickets to watch Premier League leaders Leicester's final home game are being offered for £15,000 a pair through an online re-sale website.

Liverpool have made contact with the Poland international Piotr Zielinski, according to the midfielder.

It was reported last month that Liverpool were set to hold talks over the signing of Zielinski, the 21-year-old who is on loan at Empoli from Udinese.

And on Monday he said: “There is a lot of truth in [talk of] the interest of [Liverpool manager] Jürgen Klopp in me. There was contact, I do not deny that.”

Zielinski scored in Empoli’s 2-0 Serie A victory over Fiorentina on Sunday.

He has 13 caps for Poland and is set to be part of their squad for Euro 2016.