The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Made the mistake of leaving Redmond on the bench this week :( 

And we've signed Trippier as well, who looked pretty good in pre-season. Otherwise yeah, we need a few players. We just bought N'Jie from Lyon who should add some pace and variety to our attack. As excited as I am by all of our young players, some experience, especially in central midfield definitely wouldn't hurt. 

• Admin

Poch has already said that he intends to bring in one or two in the next couple of weeks. We will see!

Chelsea’s official website appears to have followed the lead of the manager, José Mourinho, after he claimed his team’s 3-0 defeat at Manchester City was “completely fake” by publishing a match report suggesting the game’s decisive moment was not Vincent Kompany’s header to make it 2-0 but Ramires’s “goal” being “incorrectly” ruled out for offside.

“A Ramires goal incorrectly ruled out for offside with Man City a goal ahead changed the complexion of this early-season Premier League fixture,” the first paragraph of the report read, adding that “an errant offside flag denied us a deserved leveller”.

The match report also aired some strong views about City’s defending against Diego Costa. “Kompany cynically scythed Diego Costa down to earn the game’s first booking,” it read, adding Fernandinho’s yellow card for an aerial challenge on Diego Costa was “brutish” and insinuating that Eliaquim Mangala “resorted to WWE-style tactics to stop the ever-dangerous Diego Costa getting free down the right” later in the game.

After the game Mourinho said: “If the 1-0 was a doubtful result at minute 70, 3-0 is completely fake. At 1-0 Chelsea were the best team for the whole second half. They make a change because they feel 1-0 is in danger and we concede a second goal. If 1-1 [it’s] a different story, their team is in trouble.”

Poch has already said that he intends to bring in one or two in the next couple of weeks. We will see!

Chelsea’s official website appears to have followed the lead of the manager, José Mourinho, after he claimed his team’s 3-0 defeat at Manchester City was “completely fake” by publishing a match report suggesting the game’s decisive moment was not Vincent Kompany’s header to make it 2-0 but Ramires’s “goal” being “incorrectly” ruled out for offside.

“A Ramires goal incorrectly ruled out for offside with Man City a goal ahead changed the complexion of this early-season Premier League fixture,” the first paragraph of the report read, adding that “an errant offside flag denied us a deserved leveller”.

The match report also aired some strong views about City’s defending against Diego Costa. “Kompany cynically scythed Diego Costa down to earn the game’s first booking,” it read, adding Fernandinho’s yellow card for an aerial challenge on Diego Costa was “brutish” and insinuating that Eliaquim Mangala “resorted to WWE-style tactics to stop the ever-dangerous Diego Costa getting free down the right” later in the game.

After the game Mourinho said: “If the 1-0 was a doubtful result at minute 70, 3-0 is completely fake. At 1-0 Chelsea were the best team for the whole second half. They make a change because they feel 1-0 is in danger and we concede a second goal. If 1-1 [it’s] a different story, their team is in trouble.”

Poor little old Chelsea, everyone is against them. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Jose who wrote the report.

I could see why Adrian got a red. Personally I thought it was harsh as his eyes are on the ball but you can't really go around spartan kicking people in the stomach. 

• Like 1

I could see why Adrian got a red. Personally I thought it was harsh as his eyes are on the ball but you can't really go around spartan kicking people in the stomach. 

Is stomach really 'dangerous play,' though? I don't think I've ever seen anyone sent off for a foot being any lower than chest.

Is stomach really 'dangerous play,' though? I don't think I've ever seen anyone sent off for a foot being any lower than chest.

What about all the shin height ones?

What about all the shin height ones?

That's different to the high boots I'm talking about.

• Admin

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Skrtel, Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe, Benteke.
Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Firmino, Moreno, Can, Origi, Ings.

Bournemouth XI: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, O'Kane, Surman, Gradel, King, Wilson.
Subs: Federici, Smith, Distin, Mings, Gosling, Pugh, Tomlin.

It is the same starting line-up for Liverpool as at Stoke on 9 August, while Bournemouth look set to opt for a 4-4-2 formation with two changes from the side that lost 1-0 at home to Aston Villa on 8 August - Eunan O'Kane and Max Gradel in for Dan Gosling and Marc Pugh. Left-back Tyrone Mings, an £8m summer signing from Ipswich Town, remains on the bench for the second game running. Centre-half Sylvain Distin is also on the substitutes bench following his free transfer move to the south coast side from Everton.

Let's smash them!! Benteke to score 50!! 

Realistically I've put Coutinho 1st scorer and 2-0 at 28/1 so think there's a good chance of it happening.