The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Wow. Adrian comes up for a corner, accidentally kicks a player when going for the ball and is sent off. Yellow, absolutely. The screwed up part is Schmeichel should have been sent off at the end of a first half and a clear penalty, yet nothing given. Shocking refereeing.

First glance thought he got the ball first. Never mind, definitely see why red was given. Still sucks considering Leicester should have been down to 10 at half time. Mahrez is such a fun player to watch right now for Leicester. Really hope he can continue that form.

We were never in the game with 11, might as well close up shop and save Cisse and Mitrovic for the Man Utd game.

Mitrovic seems so entertaining, one of those players that will always be involved, whether for good or bad reasons. 

Montero was brilliant today. Terrorised Janmaat, and always managed to beat his man or commit a few defenders towards him. A winger who likes to stay out wide, has pace and trickery, and can also produce something at the end of it. Newcastle were very poor though. Stuck with the game because it was the one my usual stream was showing, but it was never really a contest, even less so when McClaren went 4-5-0 after about 55 minutes for damage limitation. 

Don't you guys get tired constantly singing for 2 hours?

2 hours? It usually starts in the pub about 2 hours before and if you win continues for a good hour or so after,  sometimes many hours after if it was a local derby or a big game

• Like 2

Montero is fantastic. He's a right-footed winger playing on the left that isn't actually afraid to take it down the line and get a cross in. His pace and his ability beat you down the line and his ability to cut inside on his strong foot is a terrifying prospect for a fullback.

And yes Mitrovic is definitely a nutter, much more so than I thought. I do love that fact though and I want him starting next week against Blind and Smalling to bully them!

Edited by TCO

It's great that Montero has come into a starting role rather than impact sub, especially with Dyer and Routledge losing their pace and their directness.

Mitrovic will be in the Suarez/Costa role where the fans love him but everybody else will wait for him to get twatted.