The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Mourinho press conference this afternoon. A Chelsea fan site has put up a poll on predicting what will happen:

a) Mourinho & Carneiro both appear, everything gets smoothed over, we all live happily ever after

b) Mourinho issues personal apology, answers every question

c) Chelsea issue statement through press officer; Mourinho answers match-related questions only

d) Mourinho storms out after repeated non-match related questions

e) "No comment, no comment, no comment, no injuries, we'll do our best to win"

f) Somebody, perhaps Mourinho, throws a shoe

g) Mourinho doesn't even show, sends Steve Holland instead

h) Press conference is cancelled at the last minute

i) Florent Malouda and The Interim One ride in on a unicorn and start doing the Macarena

At the moment the voting is pretty close between options C, E and I. :shifty:

What Mourinho actually said at his press conference:

I don't want to run away from it. I accept the question, and understand. First of all, I want to say I have a fantastic medical dept, with top doctor, more than a dozen professionals, very good relation with them and, as they tell me all the time, they were never praised so much as in last few years. I praise them lots of times. They don't forget that, I don't.

We have disagreements during this period, we need disagreements to improve. We work together. Your question about the bench. For some people it's important. For others, it's not... It's my decision. I have seven assistants, only four can go on bench. Seven kitmen, only two. Medical, only two on bench. Dr. Fearne and Dr. Carneiro will not be on the bench, but doesn't mean for rest of season.

I've asked Jacqui Oatley a question on Twitter as I feel the tweet quoted on BBC's live thing still doesn't clear up the situation. She's said that Hazard can't continue since the ref invited them on, though of course the ref only does that when they want to come on, but apparently Hazard requested the treatment. If that's the point the ref makes Hazard leave the field it entirely exonerates the medical team, otherwise it's still up for debate. Jose just needs to train his medical staff to recognise timewasting...

I hope she replies, I fancy her a bit.

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly

Is the game on Friday a one off foe the Prem or will be there be more Prem games on a Friday??

One off this season, regular thing from next. It was moved because of an EDL march in Birmingham on Saturday IIRC.

This is very considerate for people like me who want to go on the march but also be able to watch the game.

• Like 6

So, do fantasy teams have to be set tonight due to the United game?

Do we have an EWB one this year? Anybody know what the code is?

I forgot about setting this up last week until about 11am and was too late to set up a squad, so have just done it today. 

Meanwhile, Sky Sports make a billboard showing Carlos Tevez celebrating the goal that kept West Ham up in 2007, and places it...outside of Sheffield United's stadium.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/sky-put-a-huge-poster-carlos-tevez-in-his-west-ham-gear-outside-sheffield-uniteds-stadium-pictures/

CMSYyNkWgAAZURj.jpg

• Like 7

1-0 Januzaj. Good ball by Mata between the centre back and full back. Richards dived in when he should have just stood his ground and Januzaj slots it in. 

With the help of a deflection, it should be noted.

Pretty poor game so far. We had a decent ten minute spell around the goal but apart from that, we've been hopeless. Rooney isn't awake yet and we've been extremely sloppy in possession.

I'm going to regret saying this but Villa don't look like troubling us much.

I see Micah Richards still hasn't grown a brain despite now being 27. What the hell was he doing diving in like that, Januzaj is very left footed but he had a terrible angle. Get in his way and show him the line, c'mon man!

He's like a player on FM with amazing physical and technical attributes that you foolishly think will make up for his dire mental ones.

This game needs to liven up. Rooney has literally done nothing. 

Also, if I was Villa I would take Ayew or Agbonlahor off for Gestede. He'll offer something different and would trouble the United defence. 

I see Micah Richards still hasn't grown a brain despite now being 27. What the hell was he doing diving in like that, Januzaj is very left footed but he had a terrible angle. Get in his way and show him the line, c'mon man!

He's like a player on FM with amazing physical and technical attributes that you foolishly think will make up for his dire mental ones.

In fairness to him had Januzaj pulled the trigger we'd be criticising him for not sliding, he was too far behind him to just stand him up because Gueye had let him go.