The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Rooney is shite. 

This game was shite. 

Villa decided to stop crossing when Gestede came on. Only player who had a good game for them was the left back. 

I want those 90 minutes of my life back. 

Chris Smalling having two excellent games in a row? What is this?

I was only half watching, but I saw him getting ripped for pace and randomly giving the ball away for no reason. That's excellent if you're Mike Williamson but not for a Man Utd player.

• Like 2

Chris Smalling having two excellent games in a row? What is this?

I was only half watching, but I saw him getting ripped for pace and randomly giving the ball away for no reason. That's excellent if you're Mike Williamson but not for a Man Utd player.

You'll always be able to pick out something, though I don't remember him getting done for pace at all, but by Chris Smalling standards (and, indeed, the rest of our centre halves) of recent years, he was excellent again.

Is it me or has every game so far been utter shit in terms of quality football?

Is it me or has every game so far been utter shit in terms of quality football?

I wouldn't say every game has been shit, but the televised matches except Swansea/Chelsea and Man City/West Brom have been below par. There's been some good stuff with Leicester, Watford and Palace as well.

Decent win today. By no means amazing but some good signs in there. I think there will be a higher quality of play and more flair once we're a few more games in. Hopefully we sign Pedro and a striker to give us more oomph. I think with our strong midfield we can get away with our defence, although Blind has started well as a centre back thus far.

• Like 1

If you're bringing up cheating, Darmian had Micah Richards in a collar choke my BJJ coach would have been proud of.

• Like 5

If you're bringing up cheating, Veretout tried to kick Januzaj and then faked an injury. That'll be a 3 match ban won't it due to the new rules?

That was an embarrassing sequence, he knows the Premier League is filmed doesn't he?

That was a hideous game of football. It's a shame the United brand gets them a ton of live matches,  under Van Gaal I find them so boring. And seeing the player Rooney has become is terrible. 

On the positive side, tomorrow looks like two great games.