The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Everton midfielder Darron Gibson is a reptilian alien sent here from the planet Glunk to eliminate the human race, IT HAS BEEN ALLEGED.

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

The Everton subreddit has turned into /r/conspiracy, people having just found out our board rejected three offers of buying the club from various Qatari investors. Christ, it's not like we have Mike Ashley as owner, god forbid we not sell to the first person who offers money. I'd rather anyone involved with Qatar was kept well away from the club.

• Like 1

Do not like this Sunday's fixture. Not only is West Brom away one of the very few fixtures that require use of our dreaded third (black) kit, but it's also been our manager killer (AVB and RDM).

(To be clear, *in no way* is Mourinho's job at risk - I just bring it up to highlight how often we have lost this game in recent times.)

Not that our post-title-securing 3-0 loss there in May wasn't amazingly good fun, mind. :shifty:

Watching United since Fergie retired has made me extremely pessimistic, which is ridiculous considering the years of success I've supported the club through.

Just lately though, I'm never confident going into games, even at home to a Newcastle side we really should be beating comfortably.

Anyway - hoping Memphis continues from where he left off on Tuesday. A Rooney goal would be ideal too!

Rooney always fucking scores against Newcastle, it's almost a foregone conclusion at this point.

I'm not hopeful at all anyway and I'm annoyed that I have to watch it in the pub, hungover and surrounded by Man United fans. 

I really, really hope Mitrovic starts. It's the perfect game to play him in assuming he can channel is aggression in a more positive way than getting booked as fast as possible.

Sissoko's knock is the perfect time to get Perez back in and see what he can do off Mitrovic. Solid midfield of Wij, Anita and Colback and let Aarons and Thauvin share 90 mins between them.

Then close my eyes and hope for the best.

Man UtdL Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Januzaj, Memphis; Rooney

Newcastle: Krul, Mbemba, Taylor, Coloccini, Haidara, Anita, Colback, Perez, Wijnaldum, Obertan, Mitrovic

Newcastle team is very exciting and the only thing I'd change would be Aarons or Thauvin in for Obertan. Mitrovic had to play today really, going to be exciting to see how him, Wijnaldum and Ayoze link!

Edited by TCO