The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Benteke the Destroyer of Brenchs's Villa with the winner!!!  

Bournemouth fans werent that good all they sang was about the ref for half the game. It's not hard to out sing Anfield at times due to the amount of tourists, but the idea the Emirates has a better atmosphere is comical. You could hear a mouse having a shit in the Emirates 

Happy with the result thought Bournemouth played well but didn't really threaten us in terms of scoring. Thought their disallowed goal should have stood and they were unlucky in that sense. That was the type of game we'd normally bottle but hey that's football, decisions sometimes go against you and go your way 

Two wins and two clean sheets woohoo!!

Edited by David Marrio

Unlucky Bournemouth. Result should have been reversed but that's how it goes sometimes. They should be fine this season.

They play good football but I think in an increasingly tough league they're really going to struggle this season to stay up. Goals are looking like a big problem, I actually think they should do their best to get Austin, it could be the difference for them.

I hope they stay up, I do like them despite my disdain for Eddie Howe, but I think we will have to wait and see how their transfer window ends and how the next 6-8 games go before we can get a good gauge on their survival chances.

They've got nice wing play tbf to them and play some nice football but up front is going to be the area they need to strengthen. If they can find someone who will get them 10/15 goals they'll be fine I reckon. 

Wilson looked quite bright I thought, had the beating of Lovren a few times. But they are missing that bit of nastiness in their side. A physical presence would help out a lot, and give them a bit of steel in the middle. You can't help but feel they're going to be that team that plays well but comes up short every week. 

He's a modern day Andy Reid!

You say that as if Andy Reid isn't still around.

Andy Reid is surprised that Andy Reid is still around. 

• Like 2

Unlucky Bournemouth. Result should have been reversed but that's how it goes sometimes. They should be fine this season.

They play good football but I think in an increasingly tough league they're really going to struggle this season to stay up. Goals are looking like a big problem, I actually think they should do their best to get Austin, it could be the difference for them.

I hope they stay up, I do like them despite my disdain for Eddie Howe, but I think we will have to wait and see how their transfer window ends and how the next 6-8 games go before we can get a good gauge on their survival chances.

How can anybody hate Eddie Howe? You're a monster.

• Like 1

Really impressed by Joe Gomez in his two games so far. He's certainly not a left back and he'll definitely get caught out if he keeps coming infield and hits long passes across his own back four. 

Thats aside he looks very composed and should definitely develop into a very good central defender. Says a lot about what Rodgers thinks about Moreno as a left back though.

Really impressed by Joe Gomez in his two games so far. He's certainly not a left back and he'll definitely get caught out if he keeps coming infield and hits long passes across his own back four. 

Thats aside he looks very composed and should definitely develop into a very good central defender. Says a lot about what Rodgers thinks about Moreno as a left back though.

Yeh I think Gomez haa done well for his first two Prem games. Done some good tackles but shows some areas of weakness expected from a kid who only started playing competitive football last year for Charlton. 

Left back is still our obvious weakness. Teams are going to target that aide and get at either Gomez or Moreno. 

How can anybody hate Eddie Howe? You're a monster.

he drowns puppies in his garden shed

• Like 4

I know it is my own fault for reading comment sections on BBC Sport articles, but this one got me

Most Liverpool fans don't normally make calls like this but this is OUR year.

Best manager in the league? Check
Best three strikers? Check
Inspirational captain? Check
Spirit of Istanbul? Check
Best young player in the world (Ibe): Check

#YNWA
#JusticeForBalotelli
#Champ21ns

• Like 3

I know it is my own fault for reading comment sections on BBC Sport articles, but this one got me

Most Liverpool fans don't normally make calls like this but this is OUR year.

Best manager in the league? Check
Best three strikers? Check
Inspirational captain? Check
Spirit of Istanbul? Check
Best young player in the world (Ibe): Check

#YNWA
#JusticeForBalotelli
#Champ21ns

There's quite a lot of Liverpool mocking troll accounts on the BBC website. Makes it a little bit harder to spot the true delusional Liverpool fans.