The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Bournemouth fans have been good today, though I haven't heard a Liverpool chant all game.

The officials will get all the attention at half time. Benteke's goal shouldn't have stood, the disallowed one was soft, and then a few little things like booking O'Kane for being faster than Coutinho.

Two questions from this game.

Why is there still this myth around the Anfield atmosphere?

What does Adam Lallana bring to Liverpool's game?

You should check out the atmosphere on those famous European nights at Anfield.

I thought the Emirates was bad, but we have nothing on these lot.

That was the kinda game Liverpool would've lost last season. Which to me seems like a good sign.

I think Benteke, Cylne and Milner all played well. Lallana looked an odd man out again though. Meanwhile, Moreno comes on and out Jose Enrique's Jose Enrique with his mad runs. And he has better hair! He'll need to work on his instagram game though.

They play some nice football and have a really good organised high-tempo style, but yeah goals could be an issue.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they panicand pay the inflated £15mil price for Charlie Austin. It's a lot for a player in the final year of his contract, but 15+ Premier League goals are there for the taking if they want it.

Also Lee Tomlin is disgracefully fat for a professional athlete.

I could see why Adrian got a red. Personally I thought it was harsh as his eyes are on the ball but you can't really go around spartan kicking people in the stomach. 

Is stomach really 'dangerous play,' though? I don't think I've ever seen anyone sent off for a foot being any lower than chest.

What about all the shin height ones?

That's different to the high boots I'm talking about.

Dangerous play is dangerous play, there isn't a mythical 6" grey area mid torso.

Tomlin's just thick set, he's got nothing on Andy Reid.

Nice to see the 'new' offside rule horrendously applied two weeks into the season. Horrible refereeing all round, Bournemouth robbed.

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly
  • Like 1