The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Defo helped that Benteke had actually just scored a wonder goal out of nowhere to set up a huge finish to the match, and Martial scores an incredible goal to kill the game. It did feel a little hyperbolic, but I love it when commentators get that excited, makes the moment special. 

There are some really awful puns out there, from the obligatory Mourinho's blues, to Martial s arts and Daley Bread or whatever nonsense, Myke get to work.

I'll start working at the anvil of punnetry. Put the coffee on.

• Like 1

Chalk one up on the "ref's cost us with a shite decision" scoreboard.

What was this in reference to by the way? Watching MOTD it looked like Palace should have had a pen and Toure was mebbe lucky to stay on the pitch.

Pardew hating Pellegrini never gets old.

Defo helped that Benteke had actually just scored a wonder goal out of nowhere to set up a huge finish to the match, and Martial scores an incredible goal to kill the game. It did feel a little hyperbolic, but I love it when commentators get that excited, makes the moment special. 

The only reason I miss Andy Gray. I feel dirty for saying that, but he at least made everything seem important/exciting.

Chalk one up on the "ref's cost us with a shite decision" scoreboard.

What was this in reference to by the way? Watching MOTD it looked like Palace should have had a pen and Toure was mebbe lucky to stay on the pitch.

Pardew hating Pellegrini never gets old.

Kamara on SS suggested both teams shoukd have had a penalty at some point. Guess it's the City one he's complaining about.

Ah, glad that's done with now. Some amazing comments from Tactics Tim regarding Adebayor yesterday.

"He's not in it for the money, but genuinely, he wants to play at the top level. It's not financial, it's easy to say that when you're on his money but he would genuinely play for nothing."

• Like 1

Townsend's defence of that not being a penalty is ridiculous

Wait, it could be Quinn not Townsend

It is difficult to tell their thick Irish accents apart... :shifty:

• Like 4