The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Shame it wasn't available to Blackburn earlier...

See, this is why I am against new technology in football because only the top teams will end up being able to afford it. It's not fair for minnows like Blackburn.

Football League should pay for it then and the money should come from the Premier League. They have enough of it.

Shame it wasn't available to Blackburn earlier...

See, this is why I am against new technology in football because only the top teams will end up being able to afford it. It's not fair for minnows like Blackburn.

Football League should pay for it then and the money should come from the Premier League. They have enough of it.

What about the conference?

We simply cannot play 4-2-3-1. At Man Utd, we played 4-4-fucking2 and it worked.

When we play 4-2-3-1, we have no width because our 3 AM's all like to play through the middle, so Haidara and Janmaat have to push up which leaves us exposed to wide counter attacks. Cisse alone upfront is a waste of time since his link up play is non-existant. It's not really rocket science.

We simply cannot play 4-2-3-1. At Man Utd, we played 4-4-fucking2 and it worked.

When we play 4-2-3-1, we have no width because our 3 AM's all like to play through the middle, so Haidara and Janmaat have to push up which leaves us exposed to wide counter attacks. Cisse alone upfront is a waste of time since his link up play is non-existant. It's not really rocket science.

Have you ever played Football Manager?  I reckon you would like that game.

• Like 3

Didn't we play the same formation at Man U, with Perez and Obertan off Mitrovic? Slightly different personnel and Perez' ridiculous workrate, but I wouldn't call it 4-4-2. Didn't see tonight as I'm at a conference, Steve doesn't sound happy though.

Yeah It was 4-2-3-1 against United too, it was just Ayoze and Obertan in the wide positions and Mitrovic was better at holding it up, so that's why it was more effective. 

Perez was quality on the left in that game, put in some shift defensively. Thauvin need to be played on the right and not the left too, he's much more effective there drifting in.

Edited by TCO

• Admin

All Premier League clubs have agreed to improve access for disabled supporters by August 2017.

A 2014 BBC investigation found that 17 of England's top-flight clubs failed to provide enough wheelchair spaces.

At the moment, 15 out of 20 clubs will have to increase capacity to comply with guidelines on accessible stadiums.

Earlier on Monday, a government report had criticised the inadequate facilities and support for disabled fans at Premier League grounds.

Minister for disabled people Justin Tomlinson MP had said "common sense can fix" some issues, but accepted other areas "will need some work".

"Frankly, some of it is disgraceful," he told BBC Sport. "There isn't provision in some grounds, supporters are split up or are put in with the away fans. I find that totally unacceptable.

"We are in the last chance saloon with those football bodies saying: 'You need to get your house in order.' We need to get this addressed."

A Premier League statement said: "We are undertaking our own assessment by surveying every Premier League stadium to determine improvements for disabled access.

"Disability access was discussed at the Premier League shareholders meeting last week with several new proposals agreed."

Monday's report - done jointly by the Department for Work and Pensions and Department for Culture, Media and Sport - recommends:

• Planning attendance: Clubs should provide attendance for all groups of disabled people. They should provide information such as stadium distance from local parking and gradient of pavements.
  • Buying a ticket: Clubs should allow disabled spectators to buy tickets online. They should provide wheelchair seating that allows disabled spectators to sit with family and friends.
  • Travelling to and from the venue: Clubs should provide up to date transport information.
  • Overall experience: Match day and club stewards should be given disability awareness training, while abusive behaviour towards disabled spectators should not be tolerated.
  • Aids and adaptations: Clubs should increase the number of wheelchair user places for stadiums with more than 10,000 seats.

In August, a survey carried out by charity Revitalise before the start of the new Premier League season suggested that many clubs are continuing to fail disabled fans.

It followed the second reading of the Accessible Sports Grounds Bill  in the House of Lords in July, where Lord Holmes of Richmond - Britain's most successful Paralympic swimmer - called on Premier League sponsors and broadcasters to pull out of football unless progress was made in providing facilities for disabled fans.

In June, top-flight clubs were threatened with legal action after the Equality and Human Rights Commission said it had received a number of complaints, including about Manchester United removing walking aids from away fans.

At the time United said it was "actively working" with its own disabled supporters association and the Premier League to "assess areas for potential improvement".

Depends if the mighty Grimsby are still in there.

They will be <_<

That is not how it's done! You're meant to say IT'S YOUR YEAR!!!  

but i don't support Liverpool :/

And that's why I love you 

I'm going to just bet on Orient and Grimsby every week now!!

Depends if the mighty Grimsby are still in there.

They will be <_<

That is not how it's done! You're meant to say IT'S YOUR YEAR!!!  

but i don't support Liverpool :/

And that's why I love you 

I'm going to just bet on Orient and Grimsby every week now!!

It's a lose/lose situation

(H)

• Admin

Arsenal could be without midfielder Jack Wilshere for several weeks as he requires surgery on a hairline fracture in his left leg, Press Association Sport understands. 

Manager Arsene Wenger last week confirmed the England international had suffered a "little setback" in his recovery from an injury sustained in pre-season.

It is understood that following further medical examinations, the decision has now been taken that an operation is needed to properly correct the problem and is likely to take place in the next few days.  

:facepalm: