The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

West Ham 2-0 up at Man City... :o 

That will be because I transferred Hart, Kolarov and Kompany into my fantasy team.

You're welcome Hughes.

• Like 2

You'll be fine in terms of the title race as long as the refs keep failing to send Costa off for scratching/face slapping/flicking his leg out at people/just being an all round cunt 

I'm sure he credits his inspiration to his forerunners who proved that in the Premier League you could seek to provoke a player by biting him, stay on the pitch and go on to score a last-minute equaliser to boot.

• Like 5

I'm sure he credits his inspiration to his forerunners who proved that in the Premier League you could seek to provoke a player by biting him, stay on the pitch and go on to score a last-minute equaliser to boot.

You forgot the part where the equalizer was 45 seconds after the allotted injury time was up!

Anyway, rumours of Sakho, Moreno and Sturridge all starting today, which are absolutely the right moves. A bit nervous about Sturridge bypassing the substitute return role completely, but hopefully he doesn't die. Taken Rodgers a bit too long to make the changes, but not so long that we can't make a real push for the top four now if Danny stays healthy.

I expect:

Mignolet
Clyne / Skrtel / Sakho / Moreno
Milner / Coutinho / Firmino / Lucas (or Can)
Sturridge / Benteke

Presumably the diamond returns. That's a tasty team on paper.

Finally saw the Costa thing. I'm actually a fan of him and his defender winding up ways, but he's got to be looking at at least a three match ban for either of the swipes at Koscielny, the chest barge or his silly whacks to Gabriel's back. All red worthy, Gabriel's bought it but it has to be retrospectively punished.

He also tried to flick his leg out at Oxlade-Chamberlain right before he got subbed off. 

Hoping we play a diamond today. If the sturridge rumours are true hopefully he'll start if not Benteke with Ings or Origi alongside him with Sturridge coming on would be good. 

We really need a win today, considering Arsenal, City, Swansea and Everton have all dropped points. We could move into 5th/6th by the end of the day.