The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

What a pile of shite that was. Go out playing for a point from the get go and only decide to try and attack when we are behind. Better team won and fully deserved to win but Man.Utd weren't even that good. 

Pathetic performance. We can only either score wonder goals or offside goals.  

The way the commentators were acting after Martial's goal was a bit ridiculous. Tyler was nearly AGUERRRROOOO level of excited and they were ranting and raving about him for the rest of the game when he was anonymous since coming on and Benteke had just scored a wonder goal.

Liverpool were just the shittier of the two teams there. Really missed Henderson and Coutinho.

Don't care. Benteke's goal was awesome. More of that please, lads.

It's quite hilarious the difference in Tyler and Neville's excitement levels for Benteke's and Martial's goals. I mean, at least try to be impartial.

To be fair, this was a debut goal for a player that came at a huge cost and has already been given stick before he has played. I'm not surprised they went mental for Martial.

• Like 5

Absolute peach from Benteke. Sat in my house on my own applauding it.

Schweinsteiger is so, so good. An absolute class apart from anyone else in the pitch.

Martial <3

Delighted for the kid. Cracking finish but what is Skrtel doing backing off into the box?

Eh, deserved win. Liverpool were woeful, though I didn't realise how many injuries they have. Their bench was shocking today.

1st half awful, 2nd half much better. 

Fantastic goal by Martial and I think it's fair to say Young should be starting ahead of Depay, or at the very least the two are properly rotated. Depay may have better potential/quality but Young just delivers the goods at the moment. 

I didn't watch the game (I'd want them both to lose >_>) but based off that goal it's a fair comparison to make, that looked like something Henry would have scored back in his prime.

City must be close to breaking some start of season records, P5 W5 GF11 GA- very impressive.

Pfft, Henry played for Monaco and Juventus before joining Arsenal - and he was a winger when he joined. Martial clearly played up front!

He's not Henry at all! Hes a phony!

Edited by TLHobo

It's quite hilarious the difference in Tyler and Neville's excitement levels for Benteke's and Martial's goals. I mean, at least try to be impartial.

Like when Torres scored at Barca and Neville sounded like he came? Or Aguero scored against QPR (to cost Man Utd this title) and he yelled "AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"? They're paid to get excited and usually it's that kind of goal where they beat a few players and put it in that they can build up the excitement.

• Like 1