2015 NFL Season

Dan

Heard Mike Shanahan might be getting interviews;. Why? I'm sure there's some owner out there willing to give him a shot, but a lot of people hold him at least partially responsible for what happened to RGIII and he pretty much showed he owed his success in Denver to Elway and Davis.

I hope another team gives Tomsula a shot. Though with the FortyWhiners having to pay him $14 million, he won't be hurting for work.

Gotta love that Jerry Reese press conference after Tom where he basically threw Coughlin under the bus by saying he put together a good enough roster to win a few more games than they did, which in reality he did the bare minimum this past offseason. It's scary to think how he'll waste away all our cap space this offseason...

• Admin

I was reading that the Seahawks/Vikings game could be one of the coldest games ever. High temperature of 0, low of -9, and that's before you factor in the wind chill.

Sean Payton will remain in charge of the Saint next season. Says he can't envisage coaching anywhere else.

Megatron is said to be considering retiring from professional football. 

Cold game and Tom Coughlin talk is enough of an excuse to post this glorious picture again

Coughlin-3.jpg

Here is Coughlin winning the 2007 NFC Championship while literally being slowly frozen to death in the 3rd coldest game ever!:lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pizza said:

Coldest on record is -15 F, which is not as cold as I thought it would be. 

Freezer Bowl had an air temperature of -9, but sustained winds had it down to like -37.  Chargers played the week before in 88 degrees, then played in a game 125 degrees colder.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 2

The Glazers are such a joke.

At the start of next season Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston will have already played under 5 head coaches combined. For comparison, the last Super Bowl winning QB to have started under 2 different head coaches is Drew Brees and that's because he changed teams.

Over at another board I've been a member of since 2006, we do weekly football picks. But instead of doing it in a group, we have someone start a thread each week where the matchups are listed and we all post our picks. At the end of the season, we figure out the winner, and the postseason is just done as a bonus for fun.

Out of 13 players, I came in 4th, 153-103. (Missed 3rd by 2 games) The first place score is 162-94. BUT....I had the most correct upset loner (as in no one else called it) picks of the season, with 4. 

I'm just...

I just found out, on fucking Facebook. The last I checked, the Glazers were running this team, not Dan Snyder. 

Well, at least it's not the first time they've fired a coach that had previously taken his team to the Super Bowl...

From MMQB:

Records of starting quarterbacks at Browns Stadium, 2004-2015 (min. five starts)

Derek Anderson: 10-7
Ben Roethlisberger: 9-2
Joe Flacco: 6-1
Colt McCoy: 4-8
Brandon Weeden: 4-7
Carson Palmer: 4-3
Brian Hoyer: 4-3
Charlie Frye: 3-8
Jeff Garcia: 3-3
Andy Dalton: 3-2
Trent Dilfer: 3-2
Brady Quinn: 1-5

That's fucking brutal.

• Like 2

Do I think Lovie Smith was the problem in Tampa? No, even though he had a lousy record. While I do believe the Bears waited a year or two too long before canning him, he didn't deserve to be fired by the Bucs.

Jim Tomsula, however, got the shaft in San Fran. I don't believe any head coach could have done much better considering the 49ers' situation. On principle, I hope whoever takes over doesn't do much better there.

9 times out of 10, its the coach who suffers when the problem is either the owner's or general manager's fault, or due to a lot of injuries. But that's pretty much the same in any sport.

You can always tell the poorly-run organizations by how quickly they can coaches. It works its way down, so if the GM fears for his job he'll try to push out the coaches or have the coach fire coordinators. The stable franchises always win, even the ones that endure a bad season or two under a good coach and GM. They retool and contend again. Other franchises have a bad season and the sky is falling and they clean house, and shockingly the new guy has the same problems in not having enough time to build a winner.

• Like 3