2015 NFL Season

Dan

One Cam Newton thing that sticks out to me is after the win to close out the season 15-1, he was asked what he'd remember most about this season, his answer was "We shouldn't have lost." He's competitive and he doesn't like to lose, and I don't see how this is a bad thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pizza said:

One Cam Newton thing that sticks out to me is after the win to close out the season 15-1, he was asked what he'd remember most about this season, his answer was "We shouldn't have lost." He's competitive and he doesn't like to lose, and I don't see how this is a bad thing. 

Man...I forgot how late in the season Carolina's loss was.  Imagine how much more this loss would have hurt for them if this became 18-1 part 2?

7 hours ago, Forky Fork's Forky Bunch said:

I agree with this. I've never understood the whole "They owe us" thing with sports fans. They don't owe us anything. They especially don't owe us a happy go lucky interview when they've just lost something that means a lot to them and the media has the nerve to stick a microphone in their face.

Yes, the nerve of reports to stick a microphone in his face during a post game press conference, an event that occurs after every game.  It does seem like he needed more time to process things before giving an interview, he was still in uniform afterall, but I'm not sure whose call it is as to when he gives his presser.  But you can't blame the media for doing their jobs, and dealing with them, especially after the biggest game of the season, is undeniably part of his. 

But you can definitely blame the NFL for their set up, as Chris Harris from the Broncos was very audibly doing a press conference nearby, talking about how they shut Newton down.  That's incredibly shitty, but not at all surprising coming from the NFL.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dan said:

Why did I put money on Carolina...

I'm sure that thousands of people uttered this same thing this morning.

As far as the Cam leaving the press conference early stuff, let's go to the tape!

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/19629/denvers-chris-harris-could-have-played-a-role-in-cam-newton-walking-out-on-media

• Like 1

When you're the star quarterback, the reigning MVP and one of the new faces of the league...you can't get up there and pout, especially considering you know he would do the exact opposite if they had won. He also played like garbage. Russell Wilson threw an interception that lost the SuperBowl last year, he faced the media. Peyton Manning lost the SuperBowl by 35 points two years ago, he faced the media. 

That performance and the way he avoided diving for that fumble, I think wasted a lot of the goodwill he had built up this year, it's a shame.

• Like 2