2015 NFL Season

Dan

37 minutes ago, Busch Lesnar said:

In the NFL you just never know.  When Super Bowl 47 ended I was certain the Niners would win one with Harbaugh and their defense and it turned out they only had one season left of their peak.

That being said, it doesn't seem like the Panthers have a mass free agency exodus forthcoming.  They should be keeping most of their key guys AND they'll be getting Kelvin Benjamin back too.

What happened to the Niners is super rare, that team utterly imploded in a lot of very ridiculous ways.  It was moronic to fire Harbaugh, they were hit with surprise retirements and then the league figured out the read option and Kaepernick was exposed as a not so great QB.  Panthers will be fine because Cam is a far better QB.  With a few more weapons around him, the Panthers will be good to go for at least the next few seasons.  As you said, Benjamin is coming back, if they can add another reliable receiver and a young,quick RB, watch out.

15 minutes ago, Meacon said:

She was in bed reading. I got, "That's wonderful. Congrats. I'm tired. Not tonight." That's what we call being married for almost nine years.

Don't feel bad. I get married next year and I already get that once in awhile :P 

• Like 2

Yeah it was not especially good.  Its going to be blown way out of proportion, but there's a valid criticism about how he handles himself after a loss.  Its perfectly fine that he didn't have answers for that, but he really could have handled communicating it better.

I think so, especially when you compare his response to that of Ron Rivera or Greg Olsen. The quarterback is usually the face of the team, and he, in particular is the face of the league being the current MVP, and he needs to represent his team better, especially after the biggest game of the year. 

9 minutes ago, Twist said:

He just lost the biggest game of his career, who cares if he's upset? The idea that sportspeople should smother their emotions to give us lot a good interview is ridicilous.

I agree with this. I've never understood the whole "They owe us" thing with sports fans. They don't owe us anything. They especially don't owe us a happy go lucky interview when they've just lost something that means a lot to them and the media has the nerve to stick a microphone in their face.

• Like 3

I don't agree. Of course he's going to be upset over the loss. It would be inhuman not to be. I'm not saying they owe fans anything, I just don't think it's too much to ask to show some sportsmanship and not act like a sore loser. He doesn't have to wear clown powder and put on a song and dance, but show some integrity and set a good example for whoever may be watching. His coaches and teammates didn't have a problem with doing that, and they lost, too. 

Edited by ElTiburon

5 hours ago, ElTiburon said:

I don't agree. Of course he's going to be upset over the loss. It would be inhuman not to be. I'm not saying they owe fans anything, I just don't think it's too much to ask to show some sportsmanship and not act like a sore loser. He doesn't have to wear clown powder and put on a song and dance, but show some integrity and set a good example for whoever may be watching. His coaches and teammates didn't have a problem with doing that, and they lost, too. 

Yup, he should shackle his natural reaction to a devastating loss and tow the line. Act like a robot, say the same shit every other chap has said before you.

'Sportmanship' is a myth. It's a fabrication. And the chances are you'll find the origin of it with losing teams who are annoyed at winners boasting. Cam being upset doesn't take away from the Broncos win, his 'unsportmanship' doesn't devalue the Super Bowl. It makes it more important, it makes it mean something. What kind of game would it be if everyone shrugged their shoulders when losing and repeated the same lines all of their teammates had prior to them? 'There's always next year', 'they played tough, blah blah blah'. Fuck me, Cam acknowledged they got outplayed. But hell, he looked sad so fuck him, right?

But yeah, let the guy work his entire life for a moment and then lose it at the last hurdle, then tell him he has to pretend not to be upset by it. Because apparently emotions in sport are unwelcome now? (Here's me thinking they were integral).

And for the record, I'd suggest attacking an individual for showing emotion in the aftermath of arguably the most emotionally deflating moment of their life 'lacks integrity' and has no regard for their feelings. And people that get pissy about 'unsportsmanlike' behaviour are ultimately getting their panties bunched up about people getting their feelings upset, right?

• Like 6

• Lineker unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic

This sore loser thing is stupid. Its not like he was calling them cheaters, or blaming the refs. He said they got outplayed, and he didn't really want to talk about it. He was very clearly upset, but he wasn't making excuses. What do you want from him?

• Like 9

I didn't mind Cam's press conference.  He acknowledged that they got outplayed and walking out made him seem salty as hell, but why shouldn't he have been?  He had a MVP quality campaign but what will be remembered from this season was him having one of the worst games of his career when it matters most.  The Broncos defense deserves more of the credit than Cam taking any blame, but you can tell Cam believed he should have put up a better performance.

I was fine with Josh Norman openly crying too.  I don't blame him.  The defense worked their asses off in that game only to see that the offense failed to cash in on nearly every opportunity they were given.  Even as great as Denver's defense was, the Panthers still had their chances to put up more points, and failed more often than not.  It's gotta be frustrating.

• Like 2

I have admiration for guys who are "humble" in defeat but I can totally understand Cam just wanting to get out of that situation. He's clearly a guy who is high on emotions (look how happy he is when they're winning and how mad he gets when they're losing). I don't see why it's such a big deal really, people walk out of press conferences all the time in many sports...