2015 NFL Season

Dan

The Bengals weren't simply in "take three knees and try the FG" mode, not only because of the Steelers having their timeouts but also because of the weather. It was pooring all night, the balls were slick, a FG is not guaranteed, especially considering Nugent was 23rd in FG percentage and about 70 percent from 40-49 yards. 

Thanks to the final minute, everyone will forget about the awful play call on the Bengals' 2-point conversion attempt. If they make that, at worst they go into overtime 

Possible yeah. Quinn wants to move in a different direction is the report I heard, but I also heard a "Patriots insider" claim that Caldwell was safe. I also heard nothing.

Oh by the way, Calvin Johnson might retire. Surprised nobody mentioned that yet. That would be shitty if he did, but I can understand where he's coming from, it's probably the same reasons as Barry Sanders retired. Sick of playing for a bag of ass team, and wants to go out still in good physical condition (because I think the physicality of it all is taking it's toll on Calvin). I hope he sticks around for a few more seasons if his body is up for it, all the same if he feels beat up then it's maybe not a bad idea to hang up the cleats.

• Admin

Remember those forecasts calling for temperatures in the low single digits for Sunday's wild-card game between the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks? They were too optimistic.

The game is expected to kick off below zero degrees, making it one of only four games in NFL history to do so. It was 8 degrees below zero roughly 90 minutes before kickoff as the entire state is frozen. The windchill factor could make it feel up to 25 degrees below zero.

Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater famously wears gloves but Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson warmed up for Sunday's game without gloves. The temperature is already having an effect on the preparations. Minnesota's famous horn, called the "Gjallarhorn," was shattered into pieces by the cold temperatures.

We're not gonna win this one, I think. It's been a great season, everyone. Great times, great memories, spent with all my friends here on EWB.

"GoGo, you haven't even posted in this thread since the first game"

SHUT UP I WAS HERE THE WHOLE TIME

• Like 4