2015 NFL Season

Dan

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

It's a sensible if safe choice from the Giants. What is surprising though is Steve Spagnuolo remaining defensive coordinator.

The Giants are said to be very high on Spagnuolo and feel the defensive performance this year wasn't really his fault and he didn't have the personnel needed for his system to thrive.  So again, they said personnel is the problem yet the GM stays.  Good job Mara.

• Admin

The Tennessee Titans are on the verge of locking down their future general manager.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the expectation is that Tampa Bay Buccaneers director of player personnel Jon Robinson will be named the new Titans GM on Thursday.

Robinson is a Union City, Tennessee, native and the Titans gig would be considered his dream job.

Robinson spent the past two seasons in Tampa after working for 12 years in the New England Patriots organization as a scout and director of college scouting (2009-2013).

5 hours ago, Bad News Busch said:

The Giants are said to be very high on Spagnuolo and feel the defensive performance this year wasn't really his fault and he didn't have the personnel needed for his system to thrive.  So again, they said personnel is the problem yet the GM stays.  Good job Mara.

Yeah canning Coughlin only to hire McAdoo only makes sense for the next few years but I'm not sure how Jerry Reese still has his job. Spags returning makes sense since he literally just came back and the problems on D last year wasn't really his fault (injuries, shit personnel), I couldn't see them starting over AGAIN on defense without giving him a fair shot with some upgrades next season. I'm not too high on McAdoo but he'll only go as far as Jerry Reese allows him... so I don't see him staying too long. >_>

EDIT - Coughlin withdraws from Eagles job. Thank god.

And Eli's QB  coach from last year, Mike Sullivan, will apparently be named OC rather than Joe Philbin.

Edited by Lenny DYSItra

I like the Pederson hiring for two reasons. One, he knows the organization and is an Andy Reid guy. Two, it's just funny to see Lurie going, "yeah that whole Chip thing didn't work out. Time to go back to what we know!"

5 hours ago, Mr. Cool Strong DMN said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-texas-san-antonio-austin-relocation-stadium-alamodome-011316

This might be one of my last few posts in this thread. It'll be a sad day.

No. No! Who am I to feud with? A Chiefs fan? A Chargers fan? Get out of here with that mess. You will be staying. We can co-hate the hell out of the Trojans in the college thread, but we hate each other in here, damn it.

5 minutes ago, Szumi said:

I like the Pederson hiring for two reasons. One, he knows the organization and is an Andy Reid guy. Two, it's just funny to see Lurie going, "yeah that whole Chip thing didn't work out. Time to go back to what we know!"

I like the Pederson hire, because he was essentially their third choice. Gase to Miami. Coughlin would rather not even bother. Why not settle with the Reid disciple? :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

No. No! Who am I to feud with? A Chiefs fan? A Chargers fan? Get out of here with that mess. You will be staying. We can co-hate the hell out of the Trojans in the college thread, but we hate each other in here, damn it.

I like the Pederson hire, because he was essentially their third choice. Gase to Miami. Coughlin would rather not even bother. Why not settle with the Reid disciple? :lol: 

The 3rd choice Reid disciple has been paying dividends for the Baltimore Ravens.

Raiders belong in Oakland and it's a shame to know that Mark Davis is too cheap to keep them there. Wasn't there an offer on the table to lease Levi's Stadium?