Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

At this point it can't be the manager's fault alone. The starting XI get picked almost no matter what with the exception of a few changes, just look at (Oh god, I sound like a broken record) what Tom Davies and Dominic Calvert-Lewin did to the game today. Sure, fresh legs play a part but they seemed hungry to play. Look at the Cheshire Cat grin on Davies' face when Barkley scored, that enthusiasm has been sorely needed. 

11 hours ago, Troy Santa said:

At this point it can't be the manager's fault alone. The starting XI get picked almost no matter what with the exception of a few changes, just look at (Oh god, I sound like a broken record) what Tom Davies and Dominic Calvert-Lewin did to the game today. Sure, fresh legs play a part but they seemed hungry to play. Look at the Cheshire Cat grin on Davies' face when Barkley scored, that enthusiasm has been sorely needed. 

I don't understand this. You're literally 7th in the league - the best of the rest. Everton are exactly where they should be aspiring to be.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Aspiring to be 7th? Okay then.

The fact is the performances just haven't been good enough. A few games ago we had one win in ten matches, that is not anything to be aspiring too.

Yes? You're not getting in ahead of Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Spurs or United. All six teams have vastly superior squads, managers, and resources. I know you lot have Champions League ambitions now, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Look at City when the money first came in, they spent to win the league and finished 5th before barely scraping the top 4. Give it another season or two and if you still aren't challenging the top 4 then, yeah, it's time to ask questions, but for now your lot are exactly where they should be. I don't understand how you can be unhappy with 7th given the quality of the six teams above you and your big money buys being the likes of Bolasie and Williams.

5 minutes ago, Troy Santa said:

Drawing with Hull is life goals, yeah.

Clearly meant bigger picture and you know it. There's a reason the Everton supporter stereotype is moaning about the team win, lose or draw, it seems.

Aside from the fact that the one time I've moaned about the team winning is when we beat Arsenal and that was an exasperated "Why can we beat Arsenal but not X team", I think you'll find that my post was directed at recent form so you talking about the "bigger picture" was irrelevant in the first place. Hence, the sarcastic comment. Insert quip about the stereotypical Liverpool fan here.

It's perfectly reasonable to be frustrated with the inconsistent/illogical/neurotic way in which your team finds its way to 'meet expectations' of, in this case, 7th place. Every matchweek has its own context and experience, highs and lows that you can't just bundle into a neat box by virtue of looking at the league table at the end of it and saying 'well nevermind then'.

• Like 1

Tbf I'd want my team to be playing better than the way Everton played last night.  I watched it with my mate who is an Everton fan and it was such a dire performance. You knew Hull were gonna score if they got a set piece as their marking was crap and Mbokani was getting man marked by Coleman for some reason several times. Everton struggled to make any real chances. I'd be frustrated if my team was playing like that. My ambition wouldn't be to finish 7th if I was an Everton fan it'd be pushing for Europa league (5th / 6th) and in a few seasons try and break the top 4. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Noah said:

Chelsea heard about your celebration of their temporary misfortune and clearly scored just to spite you. :shifty:

What was that? I can't hear you over my celebrations of Peter Crouch scoring :D

Fuck off Chelsea <_<

• Like 1

C'mon Boro!

Oof, Martial just spurned a great chance to equalize, though it was a great save by Valdez. However, Martial got absolutely rocked by the defender as he slid in to make a block. United easily could've won two penalties in the last few minutes.

Just now, Baddar said:

Fucking hell that was close. Great scenes at the end. We beat Boro and you'd have thought we'd won the Champions League. Amazing. Fully deserved the win. Glad people are saying the goal should have stood because it looked ok to me.

How the mighty have fallen :shifty:

• Like 1