Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

17 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Apparently he was saying before the match that he has "started to say goodbye to management" and might be done with coaching after another 3 years at City. What a strange way to think.

Wouldn't surprise me. The bloke obviously stopped enjoying management in his last season at Barca.

17 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Apparently he was saying before the match that he has "started to say goodbye to management" and might be done with coaching after another 3 years at City. What a strange way to think.

Wouldn't surprise me. The bloke obviously stopped enjoying management in his last season at Barca.

25 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I'm not exactly brimming with joy at the appointment but he should do alright. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the team in the Championship next season if he's still around.

He's supposed to be pretty sound, he's got some top level experience albeit as assistant and like Adam said he didn't get a fair go at Derby. I mean, he was sacked when they were 5th with a win percentage of 42%.

4 hours ago, Noah said:

Listening to the MUTV studio crew talking about the red card, they seemed to be admitting the decision was harsh but were seemingly excusing the referees decision to award the card by saying that without him having the benefit of replays the card was probably justified from his perspective.

I know official club channel and all that but I reckon if the circumstances were exactly the same but the players were reversed, the referee would not be given the benefit of the doubt for sending off Jones.

LFC TV are like that, once a goal was chalked off because it was offside but the commentator kicked off and said the ref should have let it stand. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I think what helped Mike Dean reach the decision for a red card was the reaction of Phil Jones. Players both go in for a 50/50, one is on the floor rolling around the other gets up as if nothing happened.  

That's not me having a go at Phil Jones and saying he's making a meal of it or he's faking injury but I do think the reaction played a part in Mike Dean producing a red card. At most for me I would have given a yellow card. 

Think most of us can agree that Mike Dean is a shite ref. 

Premier League should bring in a mandatory retirement age, like what FIFA have with international referees (i.e. you're removed from the international list at the age of 45.)

24 minutes ago, Baddar said:

He must be shit if Lineker thinks he is. And after all, Dean is a fellow Spurs fan, remember...

The 47-year-old points back to the halfway line but could be mistaken for celebrating the Spurs strike

That's him celebrating a goal.

Hey guess what, Mike Dean is reffing the FA Cup game between Villa and Spurs this weekend. I mean, we didn't want a cup run anyways, but that's not the point. 

That first half is the worst I've seen Arsenal play for age. Absolutely shocking all over the pitch, no quality passing, nonexistent defending and no creativity. Fuckin better perk up in 2nd half :angry:

• Like 2