Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

I've always found "if this team didn't have" arguments to be a bit silly to be honest anyway. It's obvious that without them they wouldn't be as good/effective but the fact is, he's a Wales player so Coleman isn't going to drop him just to prove a pointless point.

I think its a bit harsh to just say Wales done well because they have one of the best players in the world in the team. There's still 10 other players on the pitch. Coleman has managed to build a solid team that worked hard, actually gave a shit about playing for their country and they busted their asses off to get to where they have done. Obviously it helps having such a talented player like Bale but there's the likes of Ashley Williams, Joe Allen, Aaron Ramsey who you would say are the other 3 best players in the squad. The likes of Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, James Chester, Joe Ledley etc all worked hard, stuck with the tactics and got to where they did which is a fantastic achievement. 

His club management career hasn't exactly been the best with random stints in Spain and Greece but he led Fulham that one time to 9th and kept them up during his time at the club. I don't think he's the best candidate for the job and I don't think Swansea will go for him but I think it's unfair to say he shouldn't be linked with the job just because he was managing over Bale. Look at England, we've had several managers who have failed to get the best out of several fantastic players. 

• Like 2

I thought last man challenges in the box were just a yellow now if it's not a dangerous tackle? 

Edit: It seems not

Players will still be sent off for holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball or having no possibility to play the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball.

17 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I thought last man challenges in the box were just a yellow now if it's not a dangerous tackle? 

Edit: It seems not

Players will still be sent off for holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball or having no possibility to play the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball.

The rule was changed, it just appears to be not be being enforced. Paul Dummett was sent off against Forest for a similar foul, he basically fell over and took Lansbury with him and the card was later rescinded. There's no way Redmond's foul should have been a red.

Just seen a video of the Redmond foul and that's an extremely harsh red card. Hopefully it gets rescinded. 

But then again it is well known Tottenham fan Mike Dean in charge of the game :shifty:

Klopp did a Q&A with James Pearce today and produced some of these absolute gems:

It was Christian Benteke who did it. So don't kill my glasses or otherwise you will be sold!

But if I could shoot like [Coutinho] could shoot then I would try it all the time. I'd get up in the morning and just shoot the fucking ball around in the garden or something.

What a man. :wub:

• Like 1

Oh Jesus Christ. It wasn't my comment. I found the chant itself an amusing play on the tired "he ____ when he wants." Not once did I condone the actual action, for which I've called him a moron elsewhere. It's not even as bad as making a low hanging fruit joke when somebody dies, which none of you would find particularly offensive. :rolleyes:

Distasteful chants are shit though regardless of whichever spin is put on them. Just like the "it's never your fault, always the victim" one aimed at Liverpool fans, which just happens to be sung to the same tune.

People who put others in danger through drink driving piss me off. And it pisses me off even more when somebody with the kind of money he has, does it. There's no excuse. The Sun had the headline "DRINKS ARE ON ME!" saying he brushed off the charge with a good performance against Stoke, but you'd expect nothing less from them anyway.