Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Are United fans genuinely happy? Like, I'm not trying to be facetious, I just can't imagine anything worse than watching the football they've produced this season. You can dress it up however you want, unbeaten for 25 games or whatever, but the vast majority of those games have been draws against sides they should be beating and playing turgid football. It's mad. Surely Mourinho has to go if he doesn't make Top 4? The precedent has been set, and honestly, any other manager worth his salt would've taken that squad to a genuine title challenge. Can't get my head around how you can hate LvG but this, being even worse, is somehow acceptable.

United as a club should be better than this. It's embarrassing.

17 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Are United fans genuinely happy? Like, I'm not trying to be facetious, I just can't imagine anything worse than watching the football they've produced this season. You can dress it up however you want, unbeaten for 25 games or whatever, but the vast majority of those games have been draws against sides they should be beating and playing turgid football. It's mad. Surely Mourinho has to go if he doesn't make Top 4? The precedent has been set, and honestly, any other manager worth his salt would've taken that squad to a genuine title challenge. Can't get my head around how you can hate LvG but this, being even worse, is somehow acceptable.

Welcome to everything I've saying and seeing this season. The same United fans who wanted LvG gone defending this turgid shit are embarrassing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nerf said:

We've put in quite a few shit performances like this at times during the season, but on the flipside, we've also dominated games, played well, and done everything BUT take the chances required to win the game.

I didn't hate LVG but did feel it was time for him to go after last season. He only planned on staying one more season, and some of the players he let leave the club were just mind boggling.

7 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Welcome to everything I've saying and seeing this season. The same United fans who wanted LvG gone defending this turgid shit are embarrassing.

The thing that annoys me the most are the fans singing that damn fucking chant "Joses got us playing the way that United should, oh yeah". Really? This is the bar you have set? 

Well, as a work in progress, Man United are doing alright, 3 losses all season and probable champions league qualification and one trophy in the bag, not bad at all.

Oh and let's not debate the myth of the "Man United way" again. Once Ronaldo and Tevez fucked off, they have never really been free flowing since. Fergie in his latter days was just as pragmatic as Jose has been this season, just his teams did convert more of the draws they have gotten this season into wins and was already beloved which Mourinho isn't which helps the perception of how things are going.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Well, as a work in progress, Man United are doing alright, 3 losses all season and probable champions league qualification and one trophy in the bag, not bad at all.

Oh and let's not debate the myth of the "Man United way" again. Once Ronaldo and Tevez fucked off, they have never really been free flowing since. Fergie in his latter days was just as pragmatic as Jose has been this season, just his teams did convert more of the draws they have gotten this season into wins and was already beloved which Mourinho isn't which helps the perception of how things are going.

I mean, mathematically speaking, they're far more probable to miss out on Champions League qualification than secure it.

13 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

As things stand, I much more think Man Utd will kick on and challenge for the title than City, Arsenal or Liverpool, all of whom have more problems and work need doing going forward Imo.

If the most expensive squad ever assembled can't even make the Top 4, I'm not seeing what there is to kick on with. Arsenal have tailed off badly this season, but they're closer than most teams ordinarily. City are dangerously close to figuring it all out, and I'm interested to hear what 'problems' you think Liverpool have, since most of them are largely media constructs that don't actually have any bearing in reality.

1 minute ago, Nerf said:

I mean, mathematically speaking, they're far more probable to miss out on Champions League qualification than secure it.

If the most expensive squad ever assembled can't even make the Top 4, I'm not seeing what there is to kick on with. Arsenal have tailed off badly this season, but they're closer than most teams ordinarily. City are dangerously close to figuring it all out, and I'm interested to hear what 'problems' you think Liverpool have, since most of them are largely media constructs that don't actually have any bearing in reality.

Suspect he meant via Europa League.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nerf said:

If you are going to hang your hat on "most expensive squad ever assembled" you are not thinking about this correctly, the money spent nowadays is a smaller percentage of the clubs income than the transfers during Fergie's time at the club, so relatively, United are spending more within their means.

Liverpool's problem, as much as anything, is a lack of concentration and inability to win the games they should be winning, the loss to Crystal Palace for example was not made up by the media, it actually happened.

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

Are United fans genuinely happy? Like, I'm not trying to be facetious, I just can't imagine anything worse than watching the football they've produced this season.

All this says to me is that you need to exercise your imagination a bit more. :shifty: 

Am driving down the M1 all afternoon and have the game on record (fuck listening to any game on the radio - I'd probably end up crashing) but it's gracious of Pedro to score the moment I stop off near Nottingham and am able to check our progress.

• Like 1