Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

The Premier League TV rights bubble is going to burst soon and it'll be interesting how this huge spending is going to affect Premier League clubs and what is in "their means".

Sky and BT continue to charge extortionate prices to show "Heavyweight Week" ties live from Turf Moor and a very small % of the total games. Something has to give because those in their 20s and younger now just aren't going to pay for it.

5 minutes ago, TCO said:

The Premier League TV rights bubble is going to burst soon and it'll be interesting how this huge spending is going to affect Premier League clubs and what is in "their means".

Sky and BT continue to charge extortionate prices to show "Heavyweight Week" ties live from Turf Moor and a very small % of the total games. Something has to give because those in their 20s and younger now just aren't going to pay for it.

The global nature and TV revenues made by selling rights across the globe probably means that won't happen any time soon.

• Like 1

How much are the international deals worth vs. the domestic one though? Sky are becoming a bit of joke at the minute. Prices are increasing and they're becoming more desperate marketing the stuff they do have. This Heavyweight Week nonsense actively mad me not want to watch.

4 minutes ago, TCO said:

How much are the international deals worth vs. the domestic one though? Sky are becoming a bit of joke at the minute. Prices are increasing and they're becoming more desperate marketing the stuff they do have. This Heavyweight Week nonsense actively mad me not want to watch.

Are you trying to tell me that Mersey Monday and Red Monday weren't genius marketing strategies?!?!

• Like 2

City drop points, because of course. Can't see it making too much difference. Even being an optimist compared to other United fans, I just don't see us winning at Arsenal, Spurs and Southampton, and even if we did, we'd then make it 11 draws at home on the final day. :/

47 minutes ago, Nerf said:

I'm interested to hear what 'problems' you think Liverpool have, since most of them are largely media constructs that don't actually have any bearing in reality.

C-KdrXiXoAEdetM.jpg

That for a start, West Brom have taken more points against the bottom 13 than Liverpool and Chelsea are nearly a full clear point per game better. If Liverpool could replicate their form against the others in the 'Big 7' against the other 13 teams in the league, they'd be right in the title mix, not 15pts behind.

55 minutes ago, Nerf said:

If the most expensive squad ever assembled can't even make the Top 4, I'm not seeing what there is to kick on with. Arsenal have tailed off badly this season, but they're closer than most teams ordinarily. City are dangerously close to figuring it all out, and I'm interested to hear what 'problems' you think Liverpool have, since most of them are largely media constructs that don't actually have any bearing in reality.

Did you just scream fake news in the football thread? :shifty: 

2 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

So what day will you Spurs fans call this in place of St. Totteringham's Day?

Sunday.

I need at least one more goal to be comfortable, though. I'm way too conditioned to misfortune to be chill yet, honestly.

• Like 4