2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Sensible move. Him and a rookie is the sensible way to go forward. Unless they manage to pull off the Cousins heist and hold off on drafting a QB high up until next year's draft when the class should be much stronger.

Probably Jay Cutler or some shit like that :lol:

Hoyer is incredibly injury and concussion prone, it's kind of frightening a team might be considering using him as their starter.

33 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Hoyer is incredibly injury and concussion prone, it's kind of frightening a team might be considering using him as their starter.

That's true. But he'll probably come with a rather cheap price tag, though. And he's a smart guy in the film room, so he'd likely be a very good mentor for whatever QB they draft. Signing him for a couple million for two years isn't too bad of a move, considering the Niners are way more than two years away from competing anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah, it'd be different if it was the Texans going back to him in the hopes that he'd be good enough to let them almost contend but on a rebuilding team where he's going to be relied on for his veteran presence and knowledge of the playbook? I don't see the big problem.

Looks like we're signing Paul Worrilow. Reviews on him seem to be a mixed bag.

Jags did well to get Calais Campbell, and the Ravens made a astute pick ups with Danny Woodhead and Tony Jefferson.

I'm surprised the Bills picked up both DiMarco and Tolbert - surely they'll be competing with each other for a roster spot?

On the Tolbert to the Bills thing, I've just read that they are gonna use him as an RB instead of a FB. Should be a decent complimentary piece to McCoy.

3 hours ago, DFF said:

Jags did well to get Calais Campbell, and the Ravens made a astute pick ups with Danny Woodhead and Tony Jefferson.

I'm surprised the Bills picked up both DiMarco and Tolbert - surely they'll be competing with each other for a roster spot?

Yeah, Worrilow is only a one year deal which is smart. He can provide depth at worst.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DFF said:

7 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Tony Jefferson is saying no to the extra bags of cash of Cleveland and yes to immediately contending for an AFC North title with Baltimore.

Only four hours later @Lineker. :P

• Admin

DeSean Jackson expected to sign with Buccaneers

A marriage between Mike Glennon and the Chicago Bears appears to be on the verge of happening.

According to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, the potential deal, which can officially be signed at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday when free agency opens, is expected to be for three years and an average of $14.5 million. Rapoport reported he expects the Bears to still select a quarterback as well, making Glennon a bridge quarterback in an ideal world.

I hope it's a holdout to get them to do something in FA and not a holdout for more money because then he just looks like a dick.

"We need to go all in every year" implying they need to add FAs instead of just using the draft every year.

"I want more money" pretty much taking away any money they'd have to sign FAs.