2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

9 minutes ago, livid said:

I don't see how that's a bad thing on the Browns part. They're basically just eating the money because they can. Apparently they're probably just going to release him too.

If they're going to release him, goo d enough. I fully expected them to keep the contract and they'd hope he'd lead them to glory.

And apparently Osweiler has told people privately that he feels like he never should have signed with Houston and that leaving Denver was a mistake.

you-don-t-say.png

• Like 4

Apparently Jeffrey turned down a better deal, money wise, with the Vikings because he 'believes in Carson Wentz'. 

33 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

I don't know how I feel about the Cutler thing. This is something I've actively wanted but now that it's happened and we are throwing a bunch of money at Glennon I don't exactly feel happy

He's your problem now :shifty: 

• Like 1

What was wrong with Glennon? He actually seemed pretty decent / had a lot of upside in his few starts.

10 minutes ago, DFF said:

Apparently Jeffrey turned down a better deal, money wise, with the Vikings because he 'believes in Carson Wentz'. 

In his ability to make him look good so he can cash in with a bigger deal next year.

Jeffrey and Smith are major upgrades over DGB and Agholor. We can cross WR off their list now with a first or second round pick. Unless a stud CB is there at 14, I'm sure they will trade back now.

That's the fun thing with analytics, it doesn't help you a bit when drafting. But that's a good stockpile of picks for Cleveland.

Brandon Williams is presumably going to get an enormous deal wherever he winds up, won't be Baltimore. But I love the acquisitions of Jefferson and Woodhead. Woodhead is very much the kind of player that Joe Flacco has done well with before, and Jefferson is a massive upgrade over Webb. I'm not as bummed about losing Williams since we have some other options on the defensive line.

This free agency period is just showing what an absolutely horrible time we're in for Quarterbacks at the moment. The fact that Mike Glennon is a highly prized free agent just doesn't compute with my mind.

• Like 2