Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

As much as I hate to say it, this is good management. City start the match with one striker (Aguero) - typically within 5mins Kompany is injured, as is tradition. Newcastle are sat really deep, so instead of bringing on a CB for Kompany, he's saying fuck it, and bringing Gabriel Jesus on for him instead and shoving Fernandinho into that position.

Pattern of the game looks set already.

Murphy got away with one earlier, shit challenge, should have been a red.

What a fucking pass.

I figure our gameplan is to draw Man City so far onto us that Ederson sits on the halfway line and then Shelvey will pop a 70 yarder over his head.

7 minutes ago, GaChristmaszz said:

I figure our gameplan is to draw Man City so far onto us that Ederson sits on the halfway line and then Shelvey will pop a 70 yarder over his head.

Kind of close

37 minutes ago, Baddar said:

As much as I hate to say it, this is good management. City start the match with one striker (Aguero) - typically within 5mins Kompany is injured, as is tradition. Newcastle are sat really deep, so instead of bringing on a CB for Kompany, he's saying fuck it, and bringing Gabriel Jesus on for him instead and shoving Fernandinho into that position.

Too negative, he might as well have taken Ederson off for Sane too. 

At the massive risk of being described as some kind of Kevin Keegan obsessed dinosaur I can't grasp the idea of a 1-0 loss being a good result as I keep hearing from Newcastle fans. Yes, it's better than 5 or 6, but it's still 0 points and the odds of needing that goal difference are pretty slim. Added bonus being that if we've held back Merino, Ritchie and Gayle and still lose to Brighton Saturday it's a complete waste of time. 

I think it's more in relief that we didn't get absolutely dicked and frankly, given our performances this season, the performance tonight was better than expectations.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

I also think a lot of folks are starting to treat Man City like unconquerable gods, possibly with some merit. I definitely think some teams are walking onto the pitch already mentally defeated before a ball's even been kicked.

I did it myself at one point, Jesus kicked a dead ball away and I thought "you can do that all you like", before remembering we were getting beat. Ludicrous.