Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

I don't think that's totally fair (what Gazz said, not TRB, TRB has a valid point). Admittedly I've not seen much of him this year because I've not seen much football this year but Lukaku has always been good at drawing defenders with him to make space for the #10 or attacking midfielders, he'd then slip away from his man to receive a pass/cross from the player he'd just made space for. Now whether defenders have figured that out, that doesn't suit Mourinho's tactics/Man Utds players or or if Lukaku is just not doing that as much, I don't know but Lukaku's movement definitely (used to?) cause problems for defenders.

It relies a lot upon having good wingers to provide him the service, which United don't have as such - which is partially why Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia are so important. The good form of Martial, Lingard et al has lessened talk of a move for Ivan Perisic (and his new contract might make a move not financially viable) but had we managed to sign him in the summer, I think Lukaku would have more goals by this point.

On 11/17/2017 at 21:22, GaChristmaszz said:

He's going to feel like a right twat when Swansea sack Paul Clement before Christmas.

Gary Priest: Football Genius. (H)

Ugh. The entire club is toxic at the moment: championship-quality players playing with people that don't give a shit, a disconnect between Fan Trust and the board, a once-revered chairman now a huge hindrance to the club and owners that seem content with the downward slide of the club. I am not mad that Clement has gone. He has looked utterly defeated recently. He could relied upon to establish a defensive shape for the club at the expense of attack, but that has clearly gone. I am not relieved either. I don't see anybody coming in - it's probably going to be Alan Curtis in charge for the rest of the season, or even Leon Britton. We're going down anyway.

9 hours ago, Gorka said:

Ugh. The entire club is toxic at the moment: championship-quality players playing with people that don't give a shit, a disconnect between Fan Trust and the board, a once-revered chairman now a huge hindrance to the club and owners that seem content with the downward slide of the club. I am not mad that Clement has gone. He has looked utterly defeated recently. He could relied upon to establish a defensive shape for the club at the expense of attack, but that has clearly gone. I am not relieved either. I don't see anybody coming in - it's probably going to be Alan Curtis in charge for the rest of the season, or even Leon Britton. We're going down anyway.

What's actually happened the last few seasons to end up in a mess? It looks like the club has lost its identity in a way compared to the first few seasons where it was like "This is Swansea, this is how we play." You had some decent players then just seemed to get rid of them and not adequately replace them. 

Now it just feels like the club that's been hovering around the relegation zone last few seasons and will inevitably be going down at some point ala Sunderland, Wigan etc.