Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That still happens in Ireland. The teams that finished bottom of the Airtricity First Division this season were 19 and 21 points off the team third from bottom.

Always feels a bit stupid to me. Although I'm not sure that it would work any other way.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

There was but you could pass back to the goalie and he could pick it up.

It was barbaric.

World Cup '90 had an Irish team that spent 6 minutes passing back to Packie Bonner.

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Of course, there's a reasonable chance that the number of Huddersfield fans in attendance who were around to sing it in 1926 was nil, so... Technicalities?

I reiterate my position that all teams who haven't won a major trophy in the 19th century "ain't got no history".

So congrats to Aston Villa, Preston NE, Sunderland, Everton, Sheffield United, Blackburn Rovers, West Brom, Wolves, Notts County, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, and some other teams that no longer exist.

13 minutes ago, stokeristmas said:

I reiterate my position that all teams who haven't won a major trophy in the 19th century "ain't got no history".

So congrats to Aston Villa, Preston NE, Sunderland, Everton, Sheffield United, Blackburn Rovers, West Brom, Wolves, Notts County, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, and some other teams that no longer exist.

I like how all the early winners of the FA Cup were teams either made up of former public school boys or University or Army teams, and then there's a solitary win for Clapham Rovers in like 1880.

58 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I like how all the early winners of the FA Cup were teams either made up of former public school boys or University or Army teams, and then there's a solitary win for Clapham Rovers in like 1880.

Queens Park are the first non-English team to get to the final and Cardiff are the first non-English team to win it.

I love the FA Cup. Such a rich history. I know some of us get the arse about the Beeb banging on about "The Magic of the Cup" but I love it.

World Cup > FA Cup> Euros> Whatever league we are in> FA Trophy> Mickey Mouse cups.

3 hours ago, stokeristmas said:

An interesting metric since it would disqualify the team you support from having history :shifty: