Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

6 minutes ago, Linukkah said:

He's our scrote.

Also he's English and the pundits love him. 

That's the attitude I'd have tbh.

Love to have him in my team. But if he plays for anyone else you think he's a gobshite. 

Do we, though? He should've been sent off yesterday, he got rightfully sent off for a tackle last season in the Europa, and got a retrospective ban in his first season. He's dirty in other ways, but I don't think he has a thing for malicious and disgusting fouls. 

For now though, he needs to be dropped, it's just not happening for him this season. Which is absolutely fine considering his age. His flicks aren't coming off - teams are sitting deep so he can't make the same runs in behind, he was amazing against Real Madrid but has been ineffective so far really. 

I went to go and look up whether Dele Alli was responsible for any of the many filthy fouls Spurs players perpetrated in that match against Chelsea when Leicester won the title...only to find that he wasn't playing because he was already serving a suspension for punching Claudio Yacob in the gut. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Do we, though? He should've been sent off yesterday, he got rightfully sent off for a tackle last season in the Europa, and got a retrospective ban in his first season. He's dirty in other ways, but I don't think he has a thing for malicious and disgusting fouls. 

For now though, he needs to be dropped, it's just not happening for him this season. Which is absolutely fine considering his age. His flicks aren't coming off - teams are sitting deep so he can't make the same runs in behind, he was amazing against Real Madrid but has been ineffective so far really. 

To say he's only 21, I think there have been far too many incidents of this nature in his short career at Spurs that show he is not mature enough and has the potential to really cause England problems at the World Cup. You've mentioned that foul in the Europa, the Yacob punch, now this KDB leg-breaker. I don't think he's malicious myself, I think he's immature. The middle finger thing with England is another good example. I don't care if it was aimed at Walker instead of the ref, he shouldn't be doing it on the pitch in front of all those cameras and thousands of people. He's a wonderful young player but his character needs to be sharpened a bit.

Him squaring up to Ashley Young in the least intimidating face off in history was pretty good, especially when Young told him to fuck off until he's won the league. Alli reminds me of the kid who'd be the only stirring shit, instigating stuff but as soon as it got lairy they'd disappear.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Lukaku doing what he does best...

Score against a non big team. :shifty:

Hey, this non big team kept out the attack many have been wanking over all season just the other night!

I do have some sympathy for Lukaku, tbf. The way we've set up in some games has meant his service has been average at best. Sure, he could do better at holding it up, but I don't care who you are - if your nearest team mate is 30 yards away when you receive the ball, you're going to struggle to keep possession. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

And he's on course for 20 league goals, you can't grumble at that

He's just a shite Mo Salah :wub:

Then again, who isn't. 

6 hours ago, MadJack said:

Him squaring up to Ashley Young in the least intimidating face off in history was pretty good, especially when Young told him to fuck off until he's won the league. Alli reminds me of the kid who'd be the only stirring shit, instigating stuff but as soon as it got lairy they'd disappear.

He also squared up to Jamaal Lascelles in a 21st century reenactment of Juninho squaring (way) up to Philippe Albert. He's just embarrassing, and him doing his standard pirouette after the non foul from De Bruyne that I mentioned before he stepped up his knobhead game yesterday highlights that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

Hey, this non big team kept out the attack many have been wanking over all season just the other night!

I do have some sympathy for Lukaku, tbf.

I don't. His off the ball movement is atrocious. Against weaker teams, he can get away with it because of his other strengths, but as demonstrated in the City game, at no point in the game did he force Otamendi to make a decision or make him even remotely worried about Lukaku finding space or an angle. Against elite defenders, he's not a challenge to deal with, never has been. 

• Like 1