Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

17 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Naughty by Rashford there. Could've been off for that.

The one on Milner he got booked for? Not for me, he only got him with his trailing shin, I wouldn't have been overly angry if he hadn't been booked at all. 

1 minute ago, Colly said:

The one on Milner he got booked for? Not for me, he only got him with his trailing shin, I wouldn't have been overly angry if he hadn't been booked at all. 

It's a 'you've seen them given' ones. I'd have been fuming if he'd gone - both at him and the ref. He's a little bit reckless in the tackle thus far.

Just now, Hobo said:

United playing route one football.

Poor Trent, tbh, he's not had a good day against Rashford.

Tbh, if you're playing against a team that press as high up the pitch as Liverpool and don't play direct, you're either Man City or not playing optimally.

I'm surprised Rashford hasn't at least been warned as he's done a few studs up tackles this game. Nothing noteworthy of saying he should have been red carded. 

Man United's game plan of route one is working. Lovren having his usual big game nightmare, and Trent has been just awful. 

That being said, we've been terrible as a whole. Our midfield is doing nothing, which makes it impossible for our top three to do anything. 

Probably the worst 45 minutes of our season so far, barring that second half collapse at Sevilla.

Just now, MadJack said:

He got booked between the two goals iirc.

You can tell I've lost the will to live if I've forgotten that <_<

• Like 1

I can kinda cut Lovren and Trent some slack. Lovren has a massive centre-forward playing on him  and Trent is 19 years old and his defending isn't his strong point. If Clyne was fit he'd be a much more solid defensive option against Rashford.

I don't think Liverpool have been bad, it's just United have set up in a boring but effective way. Because, well, that's what their manager does. Jose Mourinho is what Sam Allerdyce thinks he is.

I've maintained for a while that you need to have an attacking threat against sides like Liverpool and City. Wait to get beat by them and you will a lot of the time. We've lucked our way to a few Anfield draws by sitting back. You have to keep these sides honest at the back as well. Liverpool destroyed City when they went toe to toe. Not saying I want us doing that at the Etihad in a month, but we can't just sit in and hope they don't score.

Need to keep this 2 goal lead for as long as possible. If we don't make any mistakes at the back, there's always the chance to nick a 3rd. 

Surely only a matter of time before they score from one of these corners.