Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

6 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Various papers reporting either Carlo Ancelotti or Brendan Rodgers will replace Wenger in the summer.

I don't even dislike Arsenal that much (only in a "they're a big team, i hope they fail" way) but please let this happen.

• Like 1

Not posted in here for a while but if Wenger leaves Arsenal he'd surely retire completely or take on some token ambassadorial/figurehead role somewhere right? I'm hearing talk Everton might be interested but surely starting over again at another club is something he'd not be interested in at 68? 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't even dislike Arsenal that much (only in a "they're a big team, i hope they fail" way) but please let this happen.

For me, he's more likely than Carlo. Ancelotti doesn't take projects. He doesn't really build squads. That's not a thing he's good at. He wants to come in with a ready made or almost ready made title challenging side. I think he's more likely to end up at Chelsea when Conte flees to Milan.

5 hours ago, Noah said:

Not posted in here for a while but if Wenger leaves Arsenal he'd surely retire completely or take on some token ambassadorial/figurehead role somewhere right? I'm hearing talk Everton might be interested but surely starting over again at another club is something he'd not be interested in at 68? 

He's been heavily linked with PSG but supposedly even they don't want him anymore? Unai Emery is getting almost definitely now that they're out of the Champions League, so hopefully they'll take Jose from United. >_>

2 hours ago, MadJack said:

He's been heavily linked with PSG but supposedly even they don't want him anymore? Unai Emery is getting almost definitely now that they're out of the Champions League, so hopefully they'll take Jose from United. >_>

Apparently you need to get permission from the frog FA to manage a clube en francais if you are over 65. 

If we appointed Brendan Rodgers to replace Arsene Wenger, I think I would cry. I do not like the bloke. 

Ancelotti as a short-term solution would make sense, to try and steady the ship so to speak. I have heard Jardim's name linked quite a bit too, he would fit in my opinion. 

Make no mistake though, the next guy has a fairly sizeable job on his hands as for whatever reason, Wenger has left the squad completely unbalanced. We have far too many technical "number 10's". We have Ozil, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan, Wilshere and Ramsey who all suit that role, and we don't have any genuine wingers anymore since Walcott and Chamberlain left.

Then behind that position, we have a gaping Nemanja Matic style hole in the middle of our midfield, we have a lack of defensive ability at the back and an ageing goalkeeper who is getting worse every game.

How does this happen to a club that is supposedly one of the most profitable clubs in Europe? :mellow:

41 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

How does this happen to a club that is supposedly one of the most profitable clubs in Europe? :mellow:

West Ham are one of the richest clubs in Europe 

• Like 1

I do like Rodgers but he's shown at Celtic he has the same sort of problem as Wenger. He's got the team playing attractive attacking football (fuck off myke) but the team can't defend for shit. I would much prefer a Jardim or Allegri type cos I don't see Ancelotti sticking around for long. He would steady the ship but my biggest concern is losing our style of football. It's been largely absent for a few years now tbf but I still want to see the pretty flowing wengerball stuff. Just not conceding loads at the back. I don't think it matters in a way who takes over, the next year or 2 will be a rough patch regardless.

47 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I do like Rodgers but he's shown at Celtic he has the same sort of problem as Wenger. He's got the team playing attractive attacking football (fuck off myke) but the team can't defend for shit. I would much prefer a Jardim or Allegri type cos I don't see Ancelotti sticking around for long. He would steady the ship but my biggest concern is losing our style of football. It's been largely absent for a few years now tbf but I still want to see the pretty flowing wengerball stuff. Just not conceding loads at the back. I don't think it matters in a way who takes over, the next year or 2 will be a rough patch regardless.

But I wanted to give you shit :(

Do Celtic even need to defend?

They played without a keeper for four years and no one's noticed.

• Admin

No Pogba today.

Manchester United: de Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Young, McTominay, Matic, Mata, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez.
Subs: Lindelof, Lingard, Carrick, Romero, Shaw, Fellaini, Darmian.

Liverpool: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, van Dijk, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Can, Salah, Firmino, Mane.
Subs: Wijnaldum, Gomez, Henderson, Lallana, Mignolet, Solanke, Matip.

Referee: Craig Pawson (South Yorkshire).