Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

I’m convinced the majority of these players want Wenger to go. It’s utterly pathetic and spineless the way they are playing.

This will be 5 games in a row we’ve lost, scoring one goal in the process. 

That’s better. 

We’ll smash them in the second half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I’m convinced the majority of these players want Wenger to go. It’s utterly pathetic and spineless the way they are playing.

This will be 5 games in a row we’ve lost, scoring one goal in the process. 

That’s better. 

We’ll smash them in the second half.

What a rollercoaster of a post.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Getting 'a touch' on the ball is never a defence when you're charging into someone's head at full pelt. It's completely reckless.

Atwell's another of the current crop of referee's that shit themselves when faced with a decision to make.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, therockbox said:

Getting 'a touch' on the ball is never a defence when you're charging into someone's head at full pelt. It's completely reckless.

Atwell's another of the current crop of referee's that shit themselves when faced with a decision to make.

I think it looks worse than it is, especially in slow-mo.

All he's guilty of there is being committed to trying to win the ball. He hasn't gone in studs showing or with a high foot, he's just collided with an opponent coming in from the other side. I'll be stunned if he gets a retrospective ban for that.

11 minutes ago, therockbox said:

Doesn't have to be malicious to be dangerous or reckless.

When you're giving out yellow cards for that then a shoulder charge at full pelt into someone's head is a red card all day long.

That shouldn't have been a yellow card. Happy? 

• Haha 1

Well. I don’t think there is much more to say anymore.

We have won three Premier League games away from home all season. We’ve lost 4 away games in a row. I don’t know how much worse it has to get before there is some sort of change. 

I know he got an assist, but Granit Xhaka should be nowhere near our starting lineup at the moment, neither should Alex Iwobi. 

Once we get knocked out of Europe, we should be giving some of these younger players a chance. I’m talking about Nketiah, Maitland-Niles, Nelson. 

If Wenger does go in the summer (or before), the job for the new man is prett difficult with it being a World Cup year and so many positions that need to be fixed in the squad. There’s been a lot of talk about Bellerin and Ramsey both being sold in the summer as well. :(

Now, onto the next game. We only have to play an AC Milan side that haven’t lost in 13. What could go wrong? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, therockbox said:

Doesn't have to be malicious to be dangerous or reckless.

When you're giving out yellow cards for that then a shoulder charge at full pelt into someone's head is a red card all day long.

My point is that he's being "reckless" because he's contesting a 50/50 challenge? This wasn't a case where Kolasinac saw him coming and thought he's going to leave one on him. He's just played the ball and the momentum of both players caused that.

It’s a tough one for me that one. On another day, he may have caught the players leg and it snaps. He wasn’t far off, yes he got the ball but it is a tad on the reckless side with studs showing. 

Footballers are so much quicker nowadays that often they’ll nick the ball away and then that challenge then becomes dangerous.