Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Gary Neville was spot on with everything he said. How can you not be up for a cup final? How can you not be up for a title challenge like Arsenal weren't two years ago? It's been a decade or more of Arsenal not turning up when required and that can be laid solely at the feet of Wenger. Spurs are more likely to win the Premier League whilst he remains in charge at Arsenal and I can definitely see Arsenal dropping off even further from the top four this season, probably to the tune of 15-20 points. I have more faith in Burnley, Leicester or Everton to grab 6th than I do in Arsenal finishing anywhere near the level that should be expected or required of an alleged big club with deep pockets and one of the biggest stadiums in the country.

It's a shambles.

Also this is amusing:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Well again, that's two words. You're taught in writing journalism to not use any unnecessary words since you typically always have a limited amount of space. Man City isn't much better than Manchester City in that regard.

Which is my point. He then goes on to qualify which "City" in far more words than just adding "Man" would do...

Just now, Benji said:

Which is my point. He then goes on to qualify which "City" in far more words than just adding "Man" would do...

Oh in that case it's totally reasonable what you're saying. I can discuss the pedantic and finicky aspects of terminology all day so this conversation is all good to me :P.

9 minutes ago, Colly said:

Am I missing something? He says Manchester City first, then shortens it subsequently. Isn't that standard? 

He uses Man City in reference to the Cup, but he then moved on and it could be construed as another City further down.

Either way, like I say, it's more a personal bugbear and I wish I hadn't even mentioned it now because honestly this discussion is tedious AF.

• Like 1

To be fair to him, Real Madrid came knocking quite a few times as well as PSG. Although this was when he was held in a lot higher regard. 

The sad thing I take from that press conference is that Monreal is out for a few weeks. He's arguably been our player of the season (difficult feat, I know), and I am really not sold on Kolasinac at all. 

I've got the feeling that Wenger is running around the Emirates switching the sprinklers on and shovelling snow against the turnstiles.

• Like 2

Granit Xhaka is starting. 

And therein lies the problem we have. He’s been woeful for weeks, yet he’s rewarded time and time again with starts. I don’t understand what Elneny has done to deserve to be overlooked constantly, he’s as good a player as Xhaka and not nearly as error prone.