Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

It's just absolutely embarrassing. Barry and Evans are among their most senior, prominent players, Myhill is vastly experienced too and Livermore has had his problems before. It is unfathomable to me that a set of players, veteran or otherwise, would go out until 5:30 in the morning less than 48 hours before a big FA Cup game. What were they thinking? And why did WBA go to Spain this week of all weeks!? I assumed they had the weekend off and were out of the cup, but nope, playing a winnable cup tie for a place in the last 8 against Southampton tomorrow. Pathetic.

• Like 1

I assumed they were out too, until I read about the match in the article. Maybe it's something they booked a little while ago and figured they'd already be out so this could've been a week off? Either way, the moment they knew there was a match, the break shouldn't have happened.

Of course, they'll win the match 3-0 now, but still.

3 hours ago, MDK said:

No football today or something? Everton vs Watford has 0-0 written all over it.

All games finished after 80 minutes and the Rugby was cancelled so I'm out celebrating Newcastle's comfortable 2-0 victory.

13 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Pfft, you beat Man Utd with ten men under Moyes. Everton beat Man Utd under Moyes too :P

Newcastle beat Man Utd under Moyes at Old Trafford. None of the results that season count. 

Some football fans are idiots  and hypocrites shocker

Coming up next: Water is wet

In all seriousness (although the above is true like) I heard it on the stream I was watching yesterday and felt uncomfortable. It'd be different booing him because he played for Man Utd and generally was a bit of a nob but to use the whole incident with Suarez as "Banter" yeh....Don't really agree with that. It doesn't  sit right with me. 

Football fans are quite stupid. I mean West Ham had a banner about Karen Brady and that doing more damage to the East End than Hitler. I've been to a previous game where they sang 12 German Bombers towards Klopp...  

You'll never curb out the idiots at football games which is sad really as no matter what team they support you'll have idiot(s) who'll chant or say stupid ignorant things. Prime example I fully expect there'll be some fans doing Hillsborough/Munich back and forth come our game in March. I've been at games by the away end and been called a murderer and told 96 wasn't enough. I fully expect there'll be some idiots making noises that are meant to signify gas chambers when during games against Tottenham. 

Football will have always and unfortunately have "scummy cunt fans" which is sad. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Watching this channelling my inner Hughes. Could have had a couple of pens, one definite for sure.

Which is the definite one? The only dead cert pen was when Kane went down under Fosu-Mensah's challenge, but he was rightfully flagged offside.

Edit: Oh yeah, that Hennessey tackle on Davies was dodgy. You never see those given, strangely. It's like once the ball has been played, what happens after gets ignored.