Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

MUST MUST WIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

That game was the perfect example of several things. Sometimes you just have to ride your luck out and Newcastle did that, sometimes the bounce of the ball just doesn't go your way like it did at times for United. 

I honestly think United might be better suited just dropping Lukaku for a bit and playing Sanchez up top with Lingard and Martial either side of him.

And that's why I'm not a football manager. Best game Shelvey's had in two seasons, no Hollywood nonsense, no stupid fouls, just an absolutely outstanding total midfield display. Love the fact the winner came from a free kick for a dive. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DarylMarrio said:

MUST MUST WIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

That game was the perfect example of several things. Sometimes you just have to ride your luck out and Newcastle did that, sometimes the bounce of the ball just doesn't go your way like it did at times for United. 

I honestly think United might be better suited just dropping Lukaku for a bit and playing Sanchez up top with Lingard and Martial either side of him.

Agree with most of that, but Lukaku did well today. Held it up well and brought others into play, something he's been criticised for in the past. 

Could have gone differently if Martial tucked away his one on one in the first half as he usually does, but oh well. It seems like every time we have a chance to cement the top 4 position, we fuck things up again.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

That's it Rafa, leave our best midfielder out and play Jonjo Shelvey, a man who doesn't understand the concept of tracking a man, against this Man Utd side. We're going to get smashed. 

No faith.

24 minutes ago, MadJack said:

No but seriously Jose's going to bring the good times back.

He did, he just never specified which United.

Needed a win like that today, not having to work too hard but not playing to our best, bring on Porto in midweek!!

Normally we cock up whenever anyone else above us or just below us drops points. Hopefully West Brom can get a result against Chelsea and it'll have been a good weekend. 

2 hours ago, Colly said:

And that's why I'm not a football manager. Best game Shelvey's had in two seasons, no Hollywood nonsense, no stupid fouls, just an absolutely outstanding total midfield display. Love the fact the winner came from a free kick for a dive. 

It's a shame he can't do that every week, there's an excellent midfielder in Shelvey somewhere. He'd have benefited from playing under Benitez when he was 19/20, I think.

7 minutes ago, therockbox said:

It's a shame he can't do that every week, there's an excellent midfielder in Shelvey somewhere. He'd have benefited from playing under Benitez when he was 19/20, I think.

He did play for Benitez at that age, didn’t he? At Liverpool?